Retirement in Virginia

oldngray

nowhere special
About 1/3 of my center retired within a couple of years of when I did. Almost all had over 30 years and got fed up with the BS plus their bodies wearing out. Which was probably the intent of the harassment by UPS. Get rid of those older more expensive workers and bring in new cheaper people.

Bad Gas!

If you are in the Southern you can retire 25 and out after 50. That may and probally will change aug.1 st 2018 when next contract rolls in. I can see ups doing away with 25 and out. And full time may be prorated before age 65 ..kinda like social secutity. The longer you take to recieve money, the better. If you are doing 12 hours a day for the next 3 years and want to get out, you would be wise to pad your savings with the o.t. money now..

Roborider

I've been driving over 20 years and started before 1989. I called the union a couple years ago on this same issue. I was told that if you had 20 years (part time included) by 2009 that you are still able to retire with 30 years combined or 25 and out. I have a letter from the union to verify this.

mannbrown

he shoots he scores!!!!!!
You should be able to log on to UPSers.com and find that info quite easily. I retired at 58 with 36 years full time shoulda left much sooner!!!

Rainman

Its all good.
So many different retirement plans, different rules for each. Different rules for my retirement plan depending on how many years you had in by 2009. I can go any time, people with less than 18/19 years with the company by 2009 have to wait till they are in their 60s. It really sucks for them, but if the money isn't there, it isn't there.

clean hairy

If you are in the Southern you can retire 25 and out after 50. That may and probally will change aug.1 st 2018 when next contract rolls in. I can see ups doing away with 25 and out. And full time may be prorated before age 65 ..kinda like social secutity. The longer you take to recieve money, the better. If you are doing 12 hours a day for the next 3 years and want to get out, you would be wise to pad your savings with the o.t. money now..
Looking at the Southern Contract right now, page 252.
You can retire with 25 yrs any age up to age 57.
Of course, you get more per month if you are 25 yrs and 57 0r older.