Retirement monthly statement

TECH JOHN

How come I can't see my retirement monthly statement? What I'd I have a question? I tried calling ups retirement, it's a hall of mirrors trying to get ahold of someone. Any know how to see your retirement statement?

rod

Retired 22 years
I get a printed statement in the mail every month, usually a day or 2 before it hits the bank.
I get nothing. If it wasn't for a 1099-R at the end of the year and my wife keeping track of automatic deposits you wouldn't even know I got a pension.

oldngray

nowhere special
I get nothing. If it wasn't for a 1099-R at the end of the year and my wife keeping track of automatic deposits you wouldn't even know I got a pension.
You have to tell them to mail you your monthly statements. Otherwise they just post online.

rod

Retired 22 years
You have to tell them to mail you your monthly statements. Otherwise they just post online.
I don't care if I get a monthly statement. Been getting the same $3,000 a month for over 18 years now. As long as the money shows up--- a monthly statement would be just one more piece of junk mail.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
No prob. Do you know WHO to tell to have the statements sent to me?
They should have given you the option when you retired. You probably missed or forgot to check a box. Might be at UPSers.com but I have that stuff saved on another computer so not sure.

Galaxy45MP

Retired Member
I just retired in November of 2019. I received statements confirming I would receive a deposit on the first of the month about 2 days before the 1st. These statements also stated that after the first of the year they would no longer be mailed. But you can set up an account to view everything on file for you and make changes to a lot of things also. Welcome - Benefit Disbursements Participant Site

TECH JOHN

I just retired in November of 2019. I received statements confirming I would receive a deposit on the first of the month about 2 days before the 1st. These statements also stated that after the first of the year they would no longer be mailed. But you can set up an account to view everything on file for you and make changes to a lot of things also. Welcome - Benefit Disbursements Participant Site
Thanks..I found the letter but no mention of this..will check it out!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I can see my statement online any time on the UPS prudential 401k website. plus i get a paper statement every 6 months.
When you set up your retirement you probably set the tax with holding so of course you are going to get a deposit minus taxes.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I don't care if I get a monthly statement. Been getting the same $3,000 a month for over 18 years now. As long as the money shows up--- a monthly statement would be just one more piece of junk mail.
only 18 years? I thought you retired in the 60's.

My Dad collected his pension for 35 years. My goal is to collect pension longer than I worked for it.......even if i have to connected to a machine LOL. ...and let UPS know about it.

fishtm2001

On a related note, I've been retired for five years this coming June. About two weeks ago I got a letter from Central States informing me that beginning 3/1 I am eligible for a monthly pension check. I turn 65 in Feb. so I'm thinking cool, maybe I'm due a small amount from my part time years( no amount stated in the letter) or something. I currently receive two checks with one for full time (31 years) and one for about 6 years part time. The total comes to around 3400 a month. So, I fill out the form and send it back to Central States. Today I receive a second letter stating the amount and an IRS form in case I want taxes deducted. They say I will receive 2500. I have no idea how many months this is for.
Does this make any sense to anyone? I'm worried this could affect my UPS check. I tried calling Central but after 20 minutes on hold with my four year old grandson keeping me in a full nelson I gave up. Maybe I will call or email Atlanta tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any help.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
On a related note, I've been retired for five years this coming June. About two weeks ago I got a letter from Central States informing me that beginning 3/1 I am eligible for a monthly pension check. I turn 65 in Feb. so I'm thinking cool, maybe I'm due a small amount from my part time years( no amount stated in the letter) or something. I currently receive two checks with one for full time (31 years) and one for about 6 years part time. The total comes to around 3400 a month. So, I fill out the form and send it back to Central States. Today I receive a second letter stating the amount and an IRS form in case I want taxes deducted. They say I will receive 2500. I have no idea how many months this is for.
Does this make any sense to anyone? I'm worried this could affect my UPS check. I tried calling Central but after 20 minutes on hold with my four year old grandson keeping me in a full nelson I gave up. Maybe I will call or email Atlanta tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any help.
you have to call the source. atlanta has no clue.no one here has a clue . you dont have a clue . call the pension people.