Retirement payments & Soc Security

Matt_Man

When I retired early, I paid very little attention to my (management) benefits I was so happy to retire. What happens when I'm available for Social Security benefits, will UPS payments stop? Do I transition to SS payments or am eligible for both? If so, how long? (Yes, I was that happy to go)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When I retired early, I paid very little attention to my (management) benefits I was so happy to retire. What happens when I'm available for Social Security benefits, will UPS payments stop? Do I transition to SS payments or am eligible for both? If so, how long? (Yes, I was that happy to go)
Your pension is separate from your Soc Sec.
You will receive both without either affecting the other.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Guaranteed he didn't retire before then. He said pension stopped, not reduced or anything like that.
I was being helpful and knew why he asked the question.
Unfortunately, you were not and did not.

I can delete your post for you if you desire ... I would.

upschuck

Why, you are backtracking on your original post. First you said they had no affect on each other, now you are saying depends on the plan. Maybe you should ask that same question to yourself.

Anybody who retires should know the answer to that question, or they shouldn't retire.

Thanks for the offer.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Your pension is separate from your Soc Sec.
You will receive both without either affecting the other.

Why, you are backtracking on your original post. First you said they had no affect on each other, now you are saying depends on the plan.
Not backtracking as everyone can see.
The UPS dovetail into Soc Sec was terminated as a retirement option in 1993 but people still talk about it.

You are the one that looks ignorant with your snarky post.
My posts were to answer the OPs question and my posts have done nothing but explain and clarify.

Management had 4 plans in place when I retired ... and in 1993, there were 6 as I recall.

Anybody who retires should know the answer to that question, or they shouldn't retire.
Hard to argue with that but I am trying to be nice today!

T

Turdferguson

Ban him!
He is mocking you and all management with his instigating!