Retirement Question for my Dad

OUsmc

Good Afternoon,

My dad worked for UPS from 1977 until 1990 as a Supervisor/Manager. He worked so much I never got to see him unless it was at the UPS family day. Those were fun. Then one day he had enough and quit to spend more time with his family. Anyway, he believes that since he worked there for 14 years that he should have qualified for some sort of pension. Anyone know anything about this? Who should he contact? We have been emailing and calling the retirement department and cannot get a response. Any help would be appreciated. He worked at the Oklahoma City and Nashville Hubs. Thanks!

Josh

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Good Afternoon,

My dad worked for UPS from 1977 until 1990 as a Supervisor/Manager. He worked so much I never got to see him unless it was at the UPS family day. Those were fun. Then one day he had enough and quit to spend more time with his family. Anyway, he believes that since he worked there for 14 years that he should have qualified for some sort of pension. Anyone know anything about this? Who should he contact? We have been emailing and calling the retirement department and cannot get a response. Any help would be appreciated. He worked at the Oklahoma City and Nashville Hubs. Thanks!

Josh

So your saying the only time you saw your dad was at
UPS family day

Sorry Chief I am callin BS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Good Afternoon,

Josh
There is a Special Offer to previous employees eligible for a retirement payout
Your Dad should be eligible.

See posts 11 and 12
UPS Special Pension Payment Offer

Here's the contact phone number for more info. for those who received the UPS SPECIAL PENSION PAYMENT OFFER Notice.
(855) 216-8048

No representatives will be available until the 29th of this month.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

as a backup plan, call the "advertised" number below.
Write to:
UPS/IBT Full-Time Employee Pension Plan
55 Glenlake Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30328

Phone: (800) 643-4442

Email: [email protected]

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
There is a Special Offer to previous employees eligible for a retirement payout
Your Dad should be eligible.

See posts 11 and 12
UPS Special Pension Payment Offer

Here's the contact phone number for more info. for those who received the UPS SPECIAL PENSION PAYMENT OFFER Notice.
(855) 216-8048

No representatives will be available until the 29th of this month.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a backup plan:
Write to:
UPS/IBT Full-Time Employee Pension Plan
55 Glenlake Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30328

Phone: (800) 643-4442

Email: [email protected]

And tell them Monkey Butt referred you!

Last edited by a moderator:

OUsmc

So your saying the only time you saw your dad was at
UPS family day

Sorry Chief I am callin BS
LOL! It's true. If fact Mr. Abney hired him for the Hub manager job in Nashville back in 1986 I believe. I'm guessing there was a hint of sarcasm in your post! Glad he quit to spend time with us.