RETRO CHECK QUESTION

What'dyabringmetoday???

Western PA is voting this Saturday, April 6th.

There are 2 requirements.... attend a contract explanation meeting featuring

IBT General Secretary-Treasurer hall and Eastern Region VP Bill Hamilton

and vote in person.

We'll see how motivated they really are....
It's a shame such a Big Union Man....hates the people that paid his way. (Supposedly). You can be anybody that you want to be....on the....internet. Lol.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Requiring a member to vote in person while also allowing mail-in ballots in the past is a form of voter suppression designed to create a low turnout. Then, actually tallying the votes knowing that less than 2/3rds of the members voted is another slick move. I'm going to remember these days every time a BA preaches "democracy" to my face.
Uh oh- you're going to get a lecture from Big Union Tough Talker. Lol.

GiveMeAttention

Everyone is saying that the retro check is nothign but pennies and whatnot but to a college student like me it would actually make a bit of a difference. I could buy textbooks and pay a little bit of tuition. I don't plan on staying at UPS in the long run anyway so I think it would definitely help.

Dumbo

I am 3 years in as a driver. its about $3 an hour since August plus OT for me

Yep I got my one year mark right after August. So there is a $3.5/ hour difference I am getting retro pay for. With around 5-8 hours of OT a week, I'm sitting at around $5500 right now. I've also been taking screen shots every week of my time card and will go through it all with a fine tooth comb when I finally get my check. They can keep my savings account going for as long as they want!

Indecisi0n

tenor.gif