Retro Check/ Raise

specter208

My rate was $12 on August 1st. My rate was going to rise anyways to $13 two weeks after as part of my regular raise in the last contract.

2gJXVwnSDRvQA.gif

You'll stay at 15 for a few years.
So in other words im screwed out of years of rases due to joining a month too late...the :censored2:ed up part is I interviewed in July and the person hiring threw a bitch fit about hiring a family member of a current employee but i was only joining cause they told the employees to invite their friends and family. So my dad had to talk with the union rep and fight to get me on wich resulted in a later start date. I feel really screwed over.

DriverNerd

So in other words im screwed out of years of rases due to joining a month too late...the :censored2:ed up part is I interviewed in July and the person hiring threw a bitch fit about hiring a family member of a current employee but i was only joining cause they told the employees to invite their friends and family. So my dad had to talk with the union rep and fight to get me on wich resulted in a later start date. I feel really screwed over.

Just remember that in some parts of the country (like a couple people have pointed out their rates already) make less than $15 to start. You already are making more than them and $15/hr+free benefits is a good deal for part time work. And you are getting raises, but it is based on the minimum UPS pays. Since you make more than that already you just won't see it. Once your yearly raises added onto the minimum overtake your $15/hr then you will start seeing the raises. Look at it this way: You will be making more money than you should.