Retro Check/ Raise

J

jibbs

Now ^that is unfair.

What's more unfair is the guys that've worked their way up to ~$15/hr after starting at $8/hr years and years ago. If things were fair, those workers would get the same kind of raise we're seeing with the starting rates but nope, we got $0.70 while new hires are enticed with an extra $2.

You reap what you sow, though, and preload doesn't sow :censored2: but discontent.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
What's more unfair is the guys that've worked their way up to ~$15/hr after starting at $8/hr years and years ago. If things were fair, those workers would get the same kind of raise we're seeing with the starting rates but nope, we got $0.70 while new hires are enticed with an extra $2.

You reap what you sow, though, and preload doesn't sow :censored2: but discontent.
i make 8.50

Raising the minimum means just that. Take your entitled self somewhere you feel appreciated.

J

jibbs

Raising the minimum means just that. Take your entitled self somewhere you feel appreciated.

Nope. I'm here and you're stuck with me and my bull:censored2:.

Sorry that you're offended I feel entitled to the same raise that people with less time and effort put into the job are receiving. I'll work harder on posting things that appeal more to your delicate sensibilities but, you know, if you're reading things that you don't like on a site that you voluntarily visit, you could always heed your own unsolicited advice.

i make 8.50

I honestly don't know what to say to that, other than I don't believe youuuuu

Days

So in other words im screwed out of years of rases due to joining a month too late...the :censored2:ed up part is I interviewed in July and the person hiring threw a bitch fit about hiring a family member of a current employee but i was only joining cause they told the employees to invite their friends and family. So my dad had to talk with the union rep and fight to get me on wich resulted in a later start date. I feel really screwed over.

Haha. Okay got me there. I'm definitely more 'union' than that line read. I was more basing it on this:

Now ^that is unfair.

I think someone getting hired in August and missing out on 2-3$ an hour forever because they were hired a week or two later is kind of unfair too but idk.

I guess there has to be a deadline for things. If they did a pay scale like drivers where part timers hit top rate, it would make more sense than what it is now.