Retro pay when no longer employed at UPS?

Canpusher

Looking for thoughts on this. I will be leaving UPS in early November due to family issues. By that time, I will have worked for 3 months since the contract ended. Will I still receive my back pay owed to me for these months even if I'm not longer there? I would think I should because at the time I was still working under the"new" contact whenever that is approved.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Looking for thoughts on this. I will be leaving UPS in early November due to family issues. By that time, I will have worked for 3 months since the contract ended. Will I still receive my back pay owed to me for these months even if I'm not longer there? I would think I should because at the time I was still working under the"new" contact whenever that is approved.

You'll have to hound them for it. I believe after the last contract there were people complaining about this issue

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Why You quitting

Canpusher

Don't know, but sounds like a great way for UPS to not pay you.

That was my thought as well.

You'll have to hound them for it. I believe after the last contract there were people complaining about this issue

I figured as much, so I will still need to keep up with the contract negotiations after I leave.

Why You quitting

As I stated, family issues. I'm needed elsewhere for the time being.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Make sure you do them decent, and give at least two weeks notice.

At my center, we get a lot of guys who end up coming back to UPS.
If you get life fixed, odds are good they'd take you back. You'll lose your seniority, but family first. I get it.

Good luck, brother.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

If you get life fixed, odds are good they'd take you back. You'll lose your seniority, but family first. I get it.

Good luck, brother.
Around here they auto put anyone-no rehire.

Canpusher

Good luck, brother.

I definitely plan to give them 2 weeks. Though I don't anticipate going back, it's always a nice option and it's the right thing to do.

Thank you!

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Talk to your BA and tell him your plan so he is in the know, then document all hours from August 1st to when you leave. When and if the contract passes call the local or BA directly to see when you will receive your retro check, that's the best option I got for you in regards to your issue good luck.

Mr. Marshall

You will not. We had someone quit last time and they said no and he tried to get the union to represent him and they told him to pound sand since he wasn't a paying member. He threatened to get a lawyer but in reality there isn't enough money to make it worthwhile.

SoCalUPS

No you won't. The contract or agreement will state that retro will go to current employees only. Also if you owe back taxes, alimony or child support, you won't get anything either.