returning to UPS for benefits?

jaker

trolling
Ok, so I want to return to UPS for the benefits and for some extra cash to put me through nursing school. If I return, do I have to wait a whole new year to obtain my benefits as a part-timer? I still have my honorable withdraw card and letter that says "please call when you return to work". I was at ups for about a year and a half and left Feb of 2016.
Your benefits would start over , but my concern is don't even have the job yet . Just because you got a card doesn't mean you have a job

alexxgee

ok, I get it a new contract is being negotiated. With CURRENT contract what does it state? I cant find my union bible so I might give local 396 a call.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
The new UPS contract is public domain and a simple google search brings it up. The existing contract is also public domain. One year before benefits.

Both contracts are both still backloaded, it’s what many people don’t get. UPS don’t start paying you decent money and treat you like a normal employer would elsewhere until over a year in at least.

alexxgee

The new UPS contract is public domain and a simple google search brings it up. The existing contract is also public domain. One year before benefits.

Both contracts are both still backloaded, it’s what many people don’t get. UPS don’t start paying you decent money and treat you like a normal employer would elsewhere until over a year in at least.
yuppppp, definitely agree. I left a super sweet spot that I should not have left, but live and learn,