returning to work with reduced hrs after being on work comp

barnyard

KTM rider
I was on comp for close to 15 months. I went through a 4 week work hardening program as part of my PT. I was probably in better shape when I went back after comp than I was when I started driving.

UPS would not allow me back to work until the DR released me with no restrictions. When I did go back on car, I felt fantastic and had no problems busting out a week of 10 hour days.

turdbrown

Here's what you seem to be missing TB. They could care less if you ran scratch everyday of a 30 year career, you are now a liability to them, that's right they don't have to give you low hours to get you back to where you were, they can have a young buck in your seat before it's cold. Someone not needing accommodations. As far as the other driver not doing resi's? If someone file's on it what do you think would happen? Has anyone filed on "her" new position/job? I assure you here if that happened some high senior employee would complain and say that position needs to be bid and take it from her.
I do understand that they do not care about me! I keep hoping that they will surprise me one day, but they probably won't! I know that they would rather get the young guy in my position. They pay them less and the run the ft's off daily. The new drivers do not understand that the better driver you are, the worse you are treated! The thing that sucks about that driver not having to resi. stops is that she is still a floater. It's not even her rt. It is a feeder drivers rt. She is and always was an average driver. Not sure what kind of back door deal she made to get those accommodations.

turdbrown

If that bitten driver were a man, that would never be approved!
you are right about that! Mgmt doesn't treat all drivers the same. they have given a low step truck to drivers that have had an injury with no questions asked. I was told that I would have to have an ADA rating in order to get one!BS

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
To teh OP: I truly hope you can get reduced hours but it seems if someone comes back from being out that long on Disability the Company does the reverse and loads the driver down in the hopes he will go out for good.There are no exceptions ,and in my area when one comes back the company expects the individual to be capable of working 12 hour days
best of luck!

turdbrown

You can't come back to work if you have used your 30 days without a full release from your doctor for all duties. I.e. no restrictions, hopefully you have a lawyer because you might need one to continue your comp, benefits, etc.

Did you see the company doctor yet or was this the company doctor that said you could come back on limited hours? When I went out on comp I was up front with my surgeon and told him UPS wasn't going to let me come back to drive without a full release. He wanted me to go back and drive see how things worked out then adjust my pt and recovery accordingly.

He was kinda surprised this is how it was done so he kept giving me full hours but with limitations for month until UPS decided that I could come back. They really don't want you to burn through your thirty days; sounds like your management team screwed up by having you come in to soon, but that's on them.
I did see a company dr. After 30 working days I requested to see a Dr. of my choice within the ups network. I believe ups did not take me off on taw until day 33. That's what they always do when someone is hurt. They kept me off for 45 days during my last injury! They do not care! They just do not want to put out the $ for a comp case! I do have a lawyer because my treatment was being denied. I had to file a 3 month extension with the union so my benefits would continue. It was my own dr that wanted the limited hrs. They originally wanted me to go back at 4hrs a day. I told him that ups would not allow that. He wanted me to work 8-9hrs for a limited time. That is what I am trying to find out if I should even ask for that or is it just a waist of time?

Ouch

When i came back from my first back surgery i had to go to my physical therapist and go thru a work routine. They kept me there for 8 hours. I had to do all they asked before they would allow me to come back. I couldn't come back on light duty. It was all or nothing. I forgot what that was called but it was to demonstrate i was okay to return.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'll sack up.
images-55.jpeg

Johney

When i came back from my first back surgery i had to go to my physical therapist and go thru a work routine. They kept me there for 8 hours. I had to do all they asked before they would allow me to come back. I couldn't come back on light duty. It was all or nothing. I forgot what that was called but it was to demonstrate i was okay to return.
Work hardening program? Then physical agility test?