Revenue Auditors and Lost Seniority

Humrock

I am a Revenue auditor that lost my seniority when the Teamsters took over our department after last contract. We are fighting to regain our seniority and have finally hired a lawyer to take UPS and the Teamsters to court. This has been done sucessfully in 5 other states. I know there are many other Revenue employees that this move affected. What are you doing regarding your seniority? Any suggestions for some battle-weary coworkers?

Channahon

What seniority did you lose? Were you a temporary employee or UPS? What is the basis of your lawsuit?

There is a similiar post, my advice was to have a group meeting with the District Labor Manager and Business Agent to address issues that have affected your group.

Humrock

There are 5 of us in the group. We lost anywhere from 3 1/2 up to 13 years time with the company. We were not temps, we were UPS. Everyone in previous contracts, eg. hi-picks, were always grandfathered in at their standing time. Why not us? Believe me, we have talked to our BA at the union (2 of them in fact, there has been an election since this all started), our legal rep at the company, supervisors up to our pits, union officers and it seems like strangers on the street. Five judges across the country have declaed the way Revenue Recovery was taken by the union was illegal and have overturned the contract. In each case, after a 90 day period, the employees were given the opportunity to vote on joining the union or not with all their benfits and seniority intact. That is what we are doing too. I want to be in the Teamsters, but I also want to have everything I have earned in my years at UPS.

Overpaid Union Thug

I am a Revenue auditor that lost my seniority when the Teamsters took over our department after last contract. We are fighting to regain our seniority and have finally hired a lawyer to take UPS and the Teamsters to court. This has been done sucessfully in 5 other states. I know there are many other Revenue employees that this move affected. What are you doing regarding your seniority? Any suggestions for some battle-weary coworkers?

I don't understand why this has happened at all. I remember when the new contract started one of our clerks went down to the bottom of the seniority list and was red circled. I agree with the red circled part but not the loss of seniority. This particular clerk was hourly before. The only difference was that they were hired off the street straight into the job. Their pay was a little better as well as the raises so I can understand why they were red circled once they were unionized.