Right ON track 100k+ this year

JL 0513

A customer has never asked what I make. I do get some commenting generally on how it's a great job to have and that there's not many union jobs like it anymore. They know there's good pay and benefits but I bet they have no idea where we are at hourly. Most would likely be shocked and kinda think we are overpaid.

A customer has never asked what I make. I do get some commenting generally on how it's a great job to have and that there's not many union jobs like it anymore. They know there's good pay and benefits but I bet they have no idea where we are at hourly. Most would likely be shocked and kinda think we are overpaid.
The same people that barely do anything all day?

I had a customer busting my balls about my 6 weeks vacation, telling me how good I have it.

I said do you want an application? Hell no I don't want your job.

trickpony1

.....and yet there are some BrownCafe members that don't understand why we have the wage and benefits package we do.

They seem to think it would be the same if we were not union.

JL 0513

Interestingly, I've seen job articles (articles like "10 jobs that pay surpringly well") mentioning UPS driver pay recently, and it was still inaccurate. Like it's some kind of secret or something. The info is out there. The articles usual quotes a conservative number coming up $10K-25K short. Not accounting for any overtime on a job that averages about 7+ hrs overtime a week.