Right to work state

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
​I'm in a RTW State, and yes we would have to provide them the same healthcare benefits as Union employees.

However, we are under no obligation to mail anything to their home, provide phone or internet enrollment, or come to their workplace. They will be free to come down to the Union hall during normal business hours to enroll in our Union provided healthcare plan.

RealPerson

Really, I would have thought the opposite was true, WOW.:surprised:
Is this true in other RTW states?

I am in a RTW state, and I believe our building is 80% in the union. Membership has been dropping steadily last year or 2 with our local bending over and not even knowing our contract. 2 people can call with the opposite issue and get told what they want to hear, lol.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
2 people can call with the opposite issue and get told what they want to hear, lol.

I stepped up to the microphone Saturday to ask a question, the answer was completely different from what another guy was told about the same subject.

If this contract passes as is without at least going back for one more negotiation I'm taking my money OUT of the "union" why pay to help the drivers get more money when you don't respect of look out for Pters in anyway. Ill keep my money in union dues and throw the extra in with my 401K.

stink219

If this contract passes as is without at least going back for one more negotiation I'm taking my money OUT of the "union" why pay to help the drivers get more money when you don't respect of look out for Pters in anyway. Ill keep my money in union dues and throw the extra in with my 401K.
Chad, get your PTers to vote and then things maybe different. Until then, don't blame FT drivers for your hardship.

Chad, get your PTers to vote and then things maybe different. Until then, don't blame FT drivers for your hardship.

Believe me Im in all the Pters ears at my Hub. Doing my best... Its sad really that half thought the contract was already in effect. Where is the Union leadership... why do I a PTer with less than a year at UPS care more than the stewards at my HUB... barely see any union stewards. I just happen to have the driver steward as one of my load trucks... But im going to keep pluggin away and stayin in ears....