Ring doorbell camera

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Well golly gee willakers, I'm seeing more of these things on my suburbia areas...

At first i'd press the button then wave the parcel in front so the camera can see if im DRing a brown box, white envelope or bag, or an irreg... place it by the mat or flower pot or on a porch chair

This isn't me, but i didn't know it was also a motion detection device as well! If i knew that, I'll just wave the parcel at it and save that .001 seconds of pushing a doorbell!

So do u guys n gals have them on your route?

PS: before i was flat rate/ bonus rate i was like the following :

LoL, but I'll be saying some colorful words depending on the situation.

"Going once, twice, No pc for u! " as i fill out the status tag

dezguy

First off, it's a security issue. Leave a truck running and anyone can come along, jump in the truck and have a bunch of free stuff.

Secondly, how does it look to the customer to have someone at their door with a W700, 900, ect idling in the background? On top of that, I don't know about down there but where I live, there is an anti idling law. You cannot leave a vehicle in idle for more than 1 minute while parked.

Express Courier

I have no doubt that dude got fired for leaving the vehicle running like that, if FedEx saw that vid.

lol the second vid, we all think that but you can't be hollering :censored2: like that lmao. Idiot.

And yes more often than not I see some sort of camera at the house/driveway.

OrioN

I doubt that the first guy will get fired for leaving his van running... now, if it rolled away, thats another story

Yea, i also didnt know that it captures audio as well...

but ill vocalize just because some customers are hiding behind the FD, hoping it is a non - signature parcel to drop n run and wait until im in the package car before opening the FD

STFXG

First off, it's a security issue. Leave a truck running and anyone can come along, jump in the truck and have a bunch of free stuff.

Secondly, how does it look to the customer to have someone at their door with a W700, 900, ect idling in the background? On top of that, I don't know about down there but where I live, there is an anti idling law. You cannot leave a vehicle in idle for more than 1 minute while parked.
Most states have a minimum of 3 minutes for idle time up to 15. The majority have no laws controlling it. Only 2-3 have a no idle law.

The odds of a truck being stolen while delivering to a porch are pretty slim. It's usually keys in the ignition and not being around the truck.

Where are these standards that say it isn't professional to deliver and leave a vehicle running? Seems like an odd thing to get annoyed about.

Jayhawk

It's cold out man!!!!! I have gone all day without turning sprinter off. Customers don't care or even notice if the vehicle is running. All they want is the delivery. Chill out

Express Courier

I have seen a courier get ripped by a manager for leaving a vehicle running at our station.

He drove out the bay door, stopped, hopped out and jogged in to grab an extra doc bucket. Proceeded to be told that could be instant termination.

dezguy

It's cold out man!!!!! I have gone all day without turning sprinter off. Customers don't care or even notice if the vehicle is running. All they want is the delivery. Chill out
-27 here with windchill yesterday; My truck got shut off at every stop. You'll never be gone long enough at a stop where the truck is going to be ice cold when you get back to it.

OrioN

D, u should know by now about the caliber of ground and maybe a few express drivers. Its all about that individual' s work ethics

LoL, at least this customer has video proof if that was a glass parcel for making a legit complaint

And this one will not be Fedex' s problem, but it'll help for filing at the local police report

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
-27 here with windchill yesterday; My truck got shut off at every stop. You'll never be gone long enough at a stop where the truck is going to be ice cold when you get back to it.
Especially if it never gets up to operating temperature in the first place.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There are a bunch of those doorbell/cameras, plus just cameras on my route. I always assume that every house has at least one camera and act accordingly. You'll never see me on YouTube.

OrioN

Oh snap, didn't see the negative... on my cellphone.Alaska?

Anyways hmm FedEx express does this

Cough, indirect signature is ok i guess...