Ring doorbell camera

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
http://trackpin.com/

The video shows the door opening about 2 feet. I set the package on the ground, enter the pin, slide the package in with my foot, hit enter, door closes, I leave. The pin is always the last 3 digits of the tracking #, so it always changes; making it more secure than passing out the garage door pin to everyone. Plus the door only opens partway, so people passing cannot look inside.

Pretty cool idea.
I love "actor" drivers. So calm, no sweat, walking sooooooo slow.

whenIgetthere

lol yeah, no, not gonna happen.

I made the mistake of calling a customer whose house I couldn't find one time. By the time I found him he knew my name, phone number, probably had my facebook page open on his computer too. (although I did delete my facebook a few years ago)

I made that mistake many years ago. Apartment building, note that said call this number please. Guy answers, says he's in France, and to wait a few minutes he'd call his wife to run home from work to sign for the package. Waited five minutes, she didn't show, so I left. Guy calls me back and asks why I didn't wait! Last time I ever called a customer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I made that mistake many years ago. Apartment building, note that said call this number please. Guy answers, says he's in France, and to wait a few minutes he'd call his wife to run home from work to sign for the package. Waited five minutes, she didn't show, so I left. Guy calls me back and asks why I didn't wait! Last time I ever called a customer.

As soon as he said that he was going to call someone to come meet me I would have politely replied that we are not allowed to wait and that I could either make a second attempt tomorrow, have the package redirected to an alternate address or held at the center for pickup.

Our OMS loves to set up on-road meets with customers, not realizing that most of them fail to show up at the meet point on time and that we end up sitting there for no reason.

whenIgetthere

As soon as he said that he was going to call someone to come meet me I would have politely replied that we are not allowed to wait and that I could either make a second attempt tomorrow, have the package redirected to an alternate address or held at the center for pickup.

Our OMS loves to set up on-road meets with customers, not realizing that most of them fail to show up at the meet point on time and that we end up sitting there for no reason.

I was still wet behind the ears, so I waited. We all learn the do's and dont's the hard way!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I love "actor" drivers. So calm, no sweat, walking sooooooo slow.
Yeah, and I love the ones who do the ol' place their index finger and thumb on the bill of their neatly-squared cap before smilingly turning away from the happy lady at the door. Like life just couldn't possibly get any more wonderful than it is at that very moment.

McFeely

Huge Member
Yeah, and I love the ones who do the ol' place their index finger and thumb on the bill of their neatly-squared cap before smilingly turning away from the happy lady at the door. Like life just couldn't possibly get any more wonderful than it is at that very moment.

You don't do this? I mean, I click my heels and whistle a tune as I happily skip down the street greeting each neighbor by hand as I walk down the street carrying Verizon boxes that are never crushed.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I had a guy BEG me to leave a sig required package through the speaker on the doorbell camera, I guess it called his phone or gave him an app notification. "I'm sorry sir the shipper requires a signature at the time of delivery". More begging. I had to just walk away, almost felt bad. Tried to indirect to the neighbors but no one was home.

They've paid for this tech but can't figure out how to use mychoice to electronically sign for it to be released. SMH.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Another driver in my center had a customer send him a video from one of these on his day off last week.

The cover driver was being OJS'd that day. Driver attempted to d/r a Total Gym in the most "out of sight/out of weather" fashion he could muster.

On-car, never drove a day in his career, sternly corrected him and instructed the driver to leave this massive box in front of the door and disguise it with the doormat.

Customer lol'd. We lol'd.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They are at FedEx for non sig req or ISR, not for DSR or ASR.

Well, if the note has the appropriate printed name and signature, i'll consider it as an ISR.

Scan box, Hit done, alternate signature, status tag, Scan it, first initial last full name.

Tape the status tag with the note. Give to Secretary or other management in the terminal and they can cut n paste the appropriate printed name and sig on that tag for their files, settlement records
~~~~~

UPSer, S barney... cant u scan the box initially, code it as a Ni1... then rescan for a 2nd attempt and use that pre-signed info notice to clse that stop the same day? Win -win

SmithBarney

UPSer, S barney... cant u scan the box initially, code it as a Ni1... then rescan for a 2nd attempt and use that pre-signed info notice to clse that stop the same day? Win -win

Have no idea, I've had multiple UPS ISR packages attempted at my own resi, I've been told by their local OSM that they cannot release on first att.. even if I have a signed infonotice... and yes, I presume they could do a NI1, then DEL a minute later using the info notice... coming back seems to be a waste of time and resources.