RIP, Cheryl and Tony are together again

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
With a heavy heart, I have to announce that the owner of Brown Cafe has left us. Tony Express passed away from cancer on May 7 and Cheryl passed on May 22. I don't know the reason and it doesn't really matter, I would like to think maybe it being from a broken heart. They met in high school and were together ever since. They both led a full life and had many adventures from what I know.

Cheryl's daughter announced this to the mod staff a couple of days ago and is now trying to decide what to do with her site. I spoke with her today and she would like to find somebody to continue her mother's vision. The Brown Cafe was her first website and started on October 12, 1999. It came about because Cheryl was involved with a Motely Fool UPS discussion board and didn't like how people were disrespected and bullied on there. Her idea was to have a place where people could have mature discussions about the company. She didn't care if you were a union member, management, liberal, or conservative. Cheryl just wanted a place where ideas could be discussed in a reasonable way. To this day, I never have known what her political stances were. Personally, as a moderator, I feel like I have failed her. Moderating a discussion board is a very difficult task I have found. I don't know the reason or who actually started disputes among different members. So for now, let us try to enjoy this place as long as it lasts. I currently don't know the future of what will happen.

Last edited:
With a heavy heart, I have to announce that the owner of Brown Cafe has left us. Tony Express passed away from cancer on May 7 and Cheryl passed on May 22. I don't know the reason and it doesn't really matter, I would like to think maybe it being from a broken heart. They met in high school and were together ever since. They both led a full life and had many adventures from what I know.

Her daughter announced this to the mod staff a couple of days ago and is now trying to decide what to do with her site. I spoke with her daughter today and she would like to find somebody to continue her mother's vision. The Brown Cafe was her first website and started on October 12, 1999. It came about because Cheryl was involved with a Motely Fool UPS discussion board and didn't like how people were disrespected and bullied on there. Her idea was to have a place where people could have mature discussions about the company. She didn't care if you were a union member, management, liberal, or conservative. Cheryl just wanted a place where ideas could be discussed in a reasonable way. To this day, I never have known what her political stances were. Personally, as a moderator, I feel like I have failed her. Moderating a discussion board is a very difficult task I have found. I don't know the reason or who actually started disputes among different members. So for now, let us try to enjoy this place as long as it lasts. I currently don't know what the future of what will happen.
That's very unfortunate that Cheryl passed away right after Tony passed away.

But you are correct at least they are together.

And you did a good job as a mod

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
RIP. There’s such a vast catalog of information and jokes on this forum. I hope it at least sticks around for people to be able to look up issues they are searching for.

542thruNthru

RIP Tony and Cheryl. I will never forget either of you. The friendships and knowledge I have gotten from this site will be with me forever and have made me a better teamster and person. With out knowing it you have touched my life in a big way. God bless you both.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
This must be an unbelievably difficult time for their friends and family

It's not a lot, but I offer my sincerest condolences to them.

I thank you for all you've done for this community.

Rest in Peace.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’m glad she started this site. And last year I had a chance to tell her how much I appreciated it.
My heart goes out to her family. Coming so close to Tony’s passing, it has to be devastating.
RIP, Tony and Cheryl.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Like losing a friend, even though we never met..this site helped me survive UPS. And has helped me gain, many friends .
I cannot fathom their daughters pain, especially being an only child..I pray for her comfort at this terrible time..and guidance on all the decision making she will need to do
.Hard to say if the site will continue without her and Tony. But it was a gift for a long time.

Last edited:

Red Headed Stranger

My condolences to Tony and Cheryl's family. This site has been such a wonderful resource for me and to the new hires that didn't know such a site existed, until they were encouraged to check it out. Prayers for their family. I hope someone is able to continue their vision and this site.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Rest In Peace Tony and Cheryl. You two were so cute to watch on here. It was obvious after so many years that you were still crazy about each other. Whether you were traveling, going to sporting events or to concerts, you actually seemed to enjoy each other’s company. You created a “safe space” for many to talk about the stresses of work, blow off steam and maybe cut up a little bit.

To the daughter of Tony and Cheryl, I’m so sorry for your loss. You can be sure that they both loved you very much, as well as your son. You were truly blessed to have two parents who loved each other until the end. While I know you’ll miss them, I hope you can take some comfort in knowing they are together again.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Rest In Peace Tony and Cheryl. You two were so cute to watch on here. It was obvious after so many years that you were still crazy about each other. Whether you were traveling, going to sporting events or to concerts, you actually seemed to enjoy each other’s company. You created a “safe space” for many to talk about the stresses of work, blow off steam and maybe cut up a little bit.

To the daughter of Tony and Cheryl, I’m so sorry for your loss. You can be sure that they both loved you very much, as well as your son. You were truly blessed to have two parents who loved each other until the end. While I know you’ll miss them, I hope you can take some comfort in knowing they are together again.
😞

RUDoneYet

@scratch Thank you for posting this and sharing with us.

To the family of Cheryl and Tony, my sincerest condolences. I'm sure there were many frustrations and joys running this site. May you both rest in peace. Cheryl's legacy will live on in memories of this web site and the many lives she directly impacted while running this for close to 25 years. 😢

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
074D029A-DB26-44DD-97BE-0CF21EC6CA93.jpeg

RIP you crazy kids