Risk vs Reward - FedEx Independent Contractor

gixxer squid

Average Stops Per Day - 12 week average from 08-29-2014 to 11-14-2014

PSA#1 = 99 avg. stops per day including pickups

PSA#2 = 64 avg. stops per day including pickups

PSA#3(New) = 62 avg. stops per day including pickups

How does this look to You Guys?

Hmmm. Something is not adding up to a gross figure. 62 and 64 stops average should yield somewhere in the 1400-1600 week range. Again, I don't know what the core zone bonus is, all of ours are 50 bucks but we do a total of 34-40 miles a day with all 7 trucks running

Our supplement does 105 stops a day with 350-400 boxes a day last two years and they have not made it a PSA if our life depended on it.

What is the managers responsibilities. What does he do? Is he gonna stay. Seriously find out about the ISP conversion. I am in Cali and its going to be 500 stops a day minimum. Fedex has a way of quickly changing so today they may say 300 and someone hits them with a lawsuit and its 500 the next day. We have multiple contractors who are in two building scrambling to partner up and most are trying to sell as trucks in different terminals.

Are you buying through a broker? I would do some ride alongs before I made that investment. Also, in the contract, make sure owner is staying an additional 1-2 months during the transition.

My bottom line: Free to you :)

If you are buying this and do not expect to fill in or get your hands dirty when needed, don't buy it. If you have the flexibility in your current job to leave at a moments notice, yes, moments notice, then get it.

Also, gross of 299k asking 325k is to much. .7-.8 of gross is max I would pay. I even think BBSAM is a bit on the high side at 250k. That would be stretching it, I would venture in the 225k range personally. If your going through a broker this could be why they are asking for much more.