Road Test

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Not disagreeing with that but being disqualified for a year for 1 failed road test is extreme.
Yeah I had a buddy that just failed one and they told him it would be a year before he could try again. I don’t agree, just the way it is.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Some of them don't have a 360° awareness when driving...

image-blog-qac-autonomous-vehicle-technology.jpg

Any prospective driver that's serious should look into AGKLM and practice it on their personal vehicles.

And ask to practice driving those spare step vans around the lot to see if package driving is for them.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Some of them don't have a 360° awareness when driving...

image-blog-qac-autonomous-vehicle-technology.jpg

Any prospective driver that's serious should look into AGKLM and practice it on their personal vehicles.

And ask to practice driving those spare step vans around the lot to see if package driving is for them.

Slow down a step cowboy

Let’s see if we can get them to turn a corner without running over a curb or median and dumping the load

Before we worry about AGKLM
(Whatever that is)

Brownt10

How long is the wait if one fails a road test? I've been getting mixed answers, and havent seen it say anywhere in the contract/union book. Can you re-apply the next time a bid comes up or is there a time limit?
I played a crap ton of grand theft auto and after a year or so of religiously playing it ignoring my wife and kid I was finally ready. Although my wife thought I was strange for always having my guy go to the night club to “rest up” before I would go back to driving around

reginald95

People are getting mixed up here. It’s 6 months if you flunk out of the one week training class. There is no time period if you fail the road test to get into the driving class. As long as there is someone available to test you, you can ask to retake it the following week.

If they feel like you’re a safety concern they might tell you to take more time.

Brownt10

Yeah I had a buddy that just failed one and they told him it would be a year before he could try again. I don’t agree, just the way it is.
It’s freakin weird doing a road test. Every bumpy rd my supervisor would sit on my lap and buckle himself in. He said it was in case I ever have a helper and I’m going down crappy roads this is safer to go slow and share the seat as long as I can see.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
UPS likes to give the impression, they invented it....

I know about it...your company as well as others have to pay an annual fee to them to use their proprietary information.

I was surprised @burrheadd didn't know the "5 seeing habits"

Our FedEx ground subcontractors can't afford it & devised S.A.friend.E. instead of which I never saw documents about it.

@Whither if u do go after that brownie uniform, look into it as well as the 10 point commentary before you head into integrad boot camp

Whither

Scofflaw
I know about it...your company as well as others have to pay an annual fee to them to use their proprietary information.

I was surprised @burrheadd didn't know the "5 seeing habits"

Our FedEx ground subcontractors can't afford it & devised S.A.friend.E. instead of which I never saw documents about it.

@Whither if u do go after that brownie uniform, look into it as well as the 10 point commentary before you head into integrad boot camp

Thanks. The HR sup who interviewed me gave me copies of the '5s and 10s', told me to get studying. At this hub I'd only be sent to Integrad if I can get my current designation (seasonal temp) changed to permanent. There may be a chance, even given the 6 Teamsters to 1 off-the-street hiring ratio. The hub is short-staffed 20 or more regular (permanent) package car drivers. They're not even hiring 22.4 'combination' (lower pay tier) drivers yet. Fingers crossed. I respect what people say re: Integrad; it's got to be a real challenge. My interviewer even called it 'a militant boot camp.'

I had a look at the 5s and 10s a couple months ago and have adopted them as habits. Honed my skill at fastening the seat belt and starting the ignition at the same time. Keep the ignition key hooked on my ring finger every delivery. But I will be studying during my breaks on Amazon routes. ;) A friend got his hands on a copy of the 340 methods and is going to try and photocopy it for me, says it's really useful for filling in the gaps of training.

Whither

Scofflaw
It’s freakin weird doing a road test. Every bumpy rd my supervisor would sit on my lap and buckle himself in. He said it was in case I ever have a helper and I’m going down crappy roads this is safer to go slow and share the seat as long as I can see.

You are joking, right?!