Robert Reich on 5 ways UPS is screwing us.

floridays

Why wouldn’t they earn and reap? I spent eight years part time, then two years in progression before I went to To topscale. I’m not a fan of the 22.4 language but it is not a true two-tier system, there’s a path to RPCD. They are not stuck in the 22.4 classification forever. Most new people have less than a year or two in already when they start 22.4, nobody where I am as of yet has went more than 18 months as a 22.4 they effectively lost A little more than $.50 an hour in that time as opposed to being an RPCD. And they will be at top scale at least two or three years earlier than I was in their career. So they will have more earning potential than I did over the course of their career. Could it be better sure hopefully it gets better this next contract. For everyone.
He's an old guy like me, we earned top rate day 1.
No progression.
My guess is your retirement is figured different than his was. I'm not sure, just a guess.
I can ask my brother, he's got over 30 at UPS. I do know different contracts have different terms, and he's been around for quite a few.

Thebrownblob

He's an old guy like me, we earned top rate day 1.
No progression.
My guess is your retirement is figured different than his was. I'm not sure, just a guess.
I can ask my brother, he's got over 30 at UPS. I do know different contracts have different terms, and he's been around for quite a few.
No it’s not, actually the newer contracts provide more money for retirement with the pensions. And depending on which fund he was in he may not of even been guaranteed his money until recently because some of the funds are underwater. I’ve been here over 30 years the good old days were not all good. Sounds like he bought a bunch of stock after it became available to us as employees, good for him if that’s what he wanted to do.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
No it’s not, actually the newer contracts provide more money for retirement with the pensions. And depending on which fund he was in he may not of even been guaranteed his money until recently because some of the funds are underwater. I’ve been here over 30 years the good old days were not all good. Sounds like he bought a bunch of stock after it became available to us as employees, good for him if that’s what he wanted to do.
6 years of my 30, I got the $150 multiplier.
I had 20 years in when the stock went public.
When they allowed drivers to buy it before it went public, I bought all I could. I borrowed, begged , and stole from family and friends for over a year before Nov.10,1999. A day that will live in infamy.

Thebrownblob

6 years of my 30, I got the $150 multiplier.
I had 20 years in when the stock went public.
When they allowed drivers to buy it before it went public, I bought all I could. I borrowed, begged , and stole from family and friends for over a year before Nov.10,1999. A day that will live in infamy.
The next working day after the stock went public there was a lot of missing management people who had just become pretty wealthy.

Last edited: