Ron Paul Campaign Has More Money Than McCain

A

Alex Jones

Ron Paul Tops McCain in Cash on Hand
Share July 06, 2007 1:14 PM

ABC News' George Stephanopoulos Reports: Though often regarded as a longshot candidate for president, Republican Ron Paul tells ABC News that he has an impressive $2.4 million in cash on hand after raising an equal amount during the second quarter, putting him ahead of one-time Republican frontrunner John McCain, who reported this week he has only $2 million in the bank.

In an exclusive interview taped Friday and airing Sunday on "This Week," Paul said his campaign is on a better trajectory than McCain's.

"I think some of the candidates are on the down-slope, and we're on the up-slope," said Paul.

Paul's cash on hand puts him in third place in the Republican field in that important metric, although he is well behind leader Rudy Giuliani, who has $18 million in the bank, and Mitt Romney, with $12 million.

Paul, who polls show with support in the low single digits, said his surprisingly strong fundraising is the best measure of his support.

"I think people have underestimated the number of people in this country who are interested in a freedom message," says the Republican congressman from Texas, who has strong libertarian leanings.

Click HERE to watch a clip from the interview.

To watch the full interview, tune in to "This Week" on Sunday (check local listings).

Overpaid Union Thug

I just ran across this piece and all I can say is WOW and I mean BIG WOW! I just would have never thought anything close to this being true or even near true. Amazing is all I can say.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/marina/marina17.html

Impressive but watch what happens when Fred Thompson enters the race. Sorry Ron Paul....you don't stand a chance. I think I'd vote for him (if Fred Thompson didn't run) over the rest of them though.

govols019

You smell that?
I don't get the excitement over a possible Fred Thompson run for President. While I'm all for a Tennessean being President I don't see what Fred has ever done to make him an outstanding Presidential candidate. I think he knows that when/if he formally declares that his media darling status will be over. I guess that's why he's waiting so long. I don't blame him.

FOX News spin on the military donations to the Ron Paul campaign:
Ron Paul most money from military, but not really.

I believe if I gave my dog five guesses he would have got it right.

wkmac

I see Fred or Newt as a hedged bet if the party isn't able to energize the base enough in the primary season to feel confident they will be there in the general election. Is Fred the best man the repubs can put forth or even Newt? That's matter of opinion for sure but all the hoopla of Fred and Newt's tease would at least suggest to me the repubs aren't that confident about their chances with the current Derby field.

BTW Vols: How the racing going?

tiggeroshi

Actually, he raised more money this last quarter, but McCain still raised about 20 million dollars more than Paul overall for the elections. Nonetheless, it's looking like just about everybody will have more money than McCain very soon given his current fundraising woes.

Dutch Dawg

Ron Paul Tops McCain in Cash on Hand
Share July 06, 2007 1:14 PM

ABC News' George Stephanopoulos Reports: Though often regarded as a longshot candidate for president, Republican Ron Paul tells ABC News that he has an impressive $2.4 million in cash on hand after raising an equal amount during the second quarter......

I suspect a guy on the other side of our township as poor as he is must be responsible for at least half of that money with as many signs and stickers he's got up around his shack. Has Ron Paul hinted at a running mate yet, this neighbor of mine might make a good choice (sic).

Honestly, up untill today I thought Ron Paul was running for our school board. Its' possible I'm not informed enough to know the difference, then again it's likely he's another longshot just waiting to fade away and I've yet to absorb him in the big saturation of politics.

Which brings me to ask.'Other than bringing a momentary awarness to an issue, do fringe candidates such a Perot, Paulson, Nader, Paul, etc.. go down in history as anything other than a distraction?'