Rotator cuff.

Overpaid Union Thug

Uh, if it's work related you are.
To OP, you will know if it is a Rotator cuff tear as it will most likely not fully heal on it's own.

Nope. Not in the southern region. This was brought up at our last contract proposal meeting. The BA and a couple other officers made it crystal clear that we are not required to.

cynic

Nope. Not in the southern region. This was brought up at our last contract proposal meeting. The BA and a couple other officers made it crystal clear that we are not required to.

Yep, but prepared to make a stink and have a fight - also in southern region and told the same. UPS doc was required for a return to duty exam.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yep, but prepared to make a stink and have a fight - also in southern region and told the same. UPS doc was required for a return to duty exam.

Only getting signed off by the company doc is better than going through the woke process with one. It will be a fight just the same if we go through the process with a company doc. More than likely a tougher fight than using a doc we trust that doesn't just have UPS's agenda in mind.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We have a guy in our building who sustained this injury on the job, got the operation, yet still refers to it as his "rotor cup".
I told him he might have been better off going to a mechanic.
Always wondered whether he was related to the lady on my route who claimed the package I was delivering to her from her internet provider was her "modium".
My parting salutation to her was, I hope you feel better.

STFXG

I doubt you tore it just from moving a box. Probably strained something and the pain is resonating to the areas surrounding it. An X-ray won't show tissue damage so that was pretty much pointless. It's just cheap and won't show much detail. An MRI won't be ordered unless PT doesn't fix it just because of the cost. And it's unlikely that you need surgery from what you were doing.

Go to an ortho and get a cortisone shot. That'll heal you up much faster than just the anti inflammatories they probably gave you. PT works great with shoulder injuries. You'll be throwing boxes again in no time!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The important thing is to start learning how to throw a knuckleball. You will probably lose several miles per hour off your fastball.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I doubt you tore it just from moving a box....!
Must not have stood & faced bulkhead door while closing it:wink2:. Definitely not because there's now an air spring/cylinder fighting you, let alone the Armstrong steering:wink2:.

A

anonymous6

mine wore from swimming a couple miles a week. opted not to have surgery 3 years ago. seem to be much better but I don't throw boxes anymore.

happybob

Feeders
I doubt you tore it just from moving a box. Probably strained something and the pain is resonating to the areas surrounding it. An X-ray won't show tissue damage so that was pretty much pointless. It's just cheap and won't show much detail. An MRI won't be ordered unless PT doesn't fix it just because of the cost. And it's unlikely that you need surgery from what you were doing.

Go to an ortho and get a cortisone shot. That'll heal you up much faster than just the anti inflammatories they probably gave you. PT works great with shoulder injuries. You'll be throwing boxes again in no time!
If you are going to get a cortisone shot you shouldn't be working for a while. These shots mask the pain. If you keep working after getting the shot you will be in a sh..load of pain after it wears off.

happybob

Feeders
Every state has its own laws governing workers compensation claims. My state does allows for the employee to see his or her own choice of a doctor. The company can require you to go for an independent evaluation, if they don't agree with your doctor. If the two do not agree the industrial accident board will chose a third doctor and that doctors finding/determination will determine if you will be able to collect workers compensation. The company also can have you see their choice of doctor for a return to work evaluation. You should contact a lawyer that specializes in workers compensation cases if you feel your rights as an injured employee are being violated.

rowan

So as of now doing some pt exercises. Physical therapist does not think its torn. Sure hurts though. He says we just need to get the inflammation down. Seems like it spreading from middle of shoulder to my upper chest. Really hurts when I yawn for some reason.
Talked to a few drivers got a number to good orthopedic. So as soon as I can get in ill stop going to ups doc. Hopefully will get mri soon.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Physical therapy is such a load of crap. Very similar to personal trainers. Here do this exercise ten time. Now do this one.

oldngray

nowhere special
You can figure out what exercises you need to do by yourself. Most of it is to restore end range motion and flexibility while building up the muscles around the joint. I have little trouble now and didn't have surgery but feels like arthritis in that joint will be very likely.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not saying it doesn't work. Just saying all the job is telling someone else what to do. When that person is perfectly capable of doing it on their own.
I hurt my back at ups my first year in...had to go to PT for a few months. Granted, all the exercises could easily be done elsewhere....but the 20 min back massage I got at every visit was worth it.....and paid for by brown...lol.