Route dispatch grievance

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Anybody know where in the contract it states if your route is being changed over certain percentage from normal, you can grieve it? Some say no more than 20%, others say it’s 50%. :confused:

ManInBrown

Good lucky proving it. I had the same issue. I’d love to hear someone chime in on BC that was successful in proving 50% of work was moved.
And OP it is 50%

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Feeders or package?

Central Region language.

Section 9—Route Changes

(a) Temporary:

"Other than the period of November 15th through January 15th if a bid area is changed fifty percent (50%) or more, the employee shall have the right to follow the portion in excess of fifty percent (50%) of the delivery stops. If the temporary change involves more than a two-way split, the driver shall select by seniority.

(b) Permanent:

If, during the life of this Agreement, a driver’s bid area is permanently changed by fifty percent (50%) or more of the total stops, start time change of more than one (1) hour or a change of fifty percent (50%) or more of the area or loop, he/she shall have the right to follow whichever portion of his/her bid area he/she desires or he/ she will have the option to bump a junior driver in accordance with local seniority practices. This procedure shall be repeated a second (2nd) and third (3rd) time with the fourth (4th) move being assigned.

It is understood, the above provision does not apply to the period of November 15th through January 15th.

In centers where drivers bid on delivery areas, the bid shall contain a geographic description of the area or loop and identify the base line. It is understood that day-to-day adjustments may be made. The above language shall also apply to full-time combination jobs."

-Bug-

542thruNthru

Anybody know where in the contract it states if your route is being changed over certain percentage from normal, you can grieve it? Some say no more than 20%, others say it’s 50%. :confused:

Norcal Sup
Article 3 Sec 12
Screenshot_20191216-092720_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Central Region language.

Section 9—Route Changes

(a) Temporary:

"Other than the period of November 15th through January 15th if a bid area is changed fifty percent (50%) or more, the employee shall have the right to follow the portion in excess of fifty percent (50%) of the delivery stops. If the temporary change involves more than a two-way split, the driver shall select by seniority.

(b) Permanent:

If, during the life of this Agreement, a driver’s bid area is permanently changed by fifty percent (50%) or more of the total stops, start time change of more than one (1) hour or a change of fifty percent (50%) or more of the area or loop, he/she shall have the right to follow whichever portion of his/her bid area he/she desires or he/ she will have the option to bump a junior driver in accordance with local seniority practices. This procedure shall be repeated a second (2nd) and third (3rd) time with the fourth (4th) move being assigned.

It is understood, the above provision does not apply to the period of November 15th through January 15th.

In centers where drivers bid on delivery areas, the bid shall contain a geographic description of the area or loop and identify the base line. It is understood that day-to-day adjustments may be made. The above language shall also apply to full-time combination jobs."

-Bug-

So you have this for package drivers?

M

MenInBrown

Good lucky proving it. I had the same issue. I’d love to hear someone chime in on BC that was successful in proving 50% of work was moved.
And OP it is 50%

Actually it’s up to UPS to prove otherwise. They have all the documents to prove if certain sections have been on your route for Atleast 3/4 of the year.

barnyard

KTM rider
I’d love to hear someone chime in on BC that was successful in proving 50% of work was moved.
Me and the guy in the loop next to me both were able to fix dispatch issues by asking to follow our work that was cut to cut cars. Lower seniority people had our work, so bumping them off was easy.

ManInBrown

Me and the guy in the loop next to me both were able to fix dispatch issues by asking to follow our work that was cut to cut cars. Lower seniority people had our work, so bumping them off was easy.
Yes, I’m sure it can be done, but it’s not easy when you walk in 3 minutes before the start time every day, and your on car and center manager haven’t spoken to you in months because you shoved so many 9.5 grievances up their arse. I would think it would take some help from them to find out where the heck the work went. They weren’t doing me any favors. I was always amazed when the kiss :censored2: would get stops taken off their car and moved that morning. In a million years, I would never ask for that. They would laugh at me.

barnyard

KTM rider
Yes, I’m sure it can be done, but it’s not easy when you walk in 3 minutes before the start time every day, and your on car and center manager haven’t spoken to you in months because you shoved so many 9.5 grievances up their arse.

It is on you, do not expect your on-car or the dispatch supe to help you out. The only way I can make it stick is to come in early on days that I suspect they are going to bend me over and look at the dispatch of my route and the route where they usually move my stops. The dispatch supe does not fight it when I say that I want to follow my work, I have to clean my personal stuff out of my package car and move it to the cut car. He refuses to load my route into my package car. Usually, I can tell when I put my lunchbox in my car by seeing where my section 8 stops end.

The A guy in my loop is going on the 9/5 list in January, once he is on, everyone in the loop will be on the list and another cut car will have to go in or a reloop.

35years

Gravy route
And OP it is 50%

I was able to do it twice...Permanent route changes, so I bumped on to entirety different routes.

Each time I was able to bump into a much better route.

The 1st time I bumped into an open route that was better.

The 2nd time I bumped a less senior kiss ass who had been handed the best route in the entire area (he didn't have to bid into it).

Always print out a week or at least a day of delivery records when you start a new route. It makes it easier to prove if they later change it. Tell management you want the delivery records so you can go over them on your own time so you can figure out how to become more efficient.:rolleyes:

Last edited: