Routes In

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's been like peak lately in my center without as much volume. They recalled almost all the casuals and all the normal year round routes are in with lots of extra ones created. So for example if say in September we have a 32A, 32B and 32C, we now also have a 32D,E,friend,G and H. It's crazy. We actually have decent stop counts (all in the yellow) and even with the crazy weather lately I've been under 10 most days.

Do they have a lot of extra routes in for your center?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It's been like peak lately in my center without as much volume. They recalled almost all the casuals and all the normal year round routes are in with lots of extra ones created. So for example if say in September we have a 32A, 32B and 32C, we now also have a 32D,E,friend,G and H. It's crazy. We actually have decent stop counts (all in the yellow) and even with the crazy weather lately I've been under 10 most days.

Your dispatch supe better start worrying about his job.

Mack Grant

We've had the same thing. Not sure what's going on but fingers crossed. I drove a split car yesterday 90% resi stops WITH a helper from 1pm till we finished the route at 6pm.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our routes were almost all in yellow all of peak. Doesn't really mean jack. It's just based on total routes and stops per building and what percentage of those stops should be on each route. We had rural routes in yellow with 120,130,140 stops when it was known that these were 14 hour days or longer.

9.5er

Yep, heavy volume in our building also. THe colors don't mean a darn thing to us. Most times if our route shows in the yellow it is still a 9 to 10 hour day.

Marne Vet

Haha we have a 32D too. It's a Split trip that a runner always gets. You even named my trip. o_O

Yep

upschuck

Interesting. My local made it sound like they didn't have a choice. That it was agreed upon on a national level.
In the new, unratified contract. That is what they put on their FB page. They were trying to use that as a bargaining chip on some other grievances. Local said not going to fly.