Routes moving to a new building

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
We have a new building that is opening up south of are current building, some routes will be moving down to the new building and out of are current building we are located now. Management says that the building is temporary for peak and will not be used year round so the routes would move back after peak season is over. My question is can the drivers that routes go to the new building will they be able to bump current route drivers to stay in are current building instead of moving further down south? I am located in the central any answers, guesses would be helpful thanks.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
We have a new building that is opening up south of are current building, some routes will be moving down to the new building and out of are current building we are located now. Management says that the building is temporary for peak and will not be used year round so the routes would move back after peak season is over. My question is can the drivers that routes go to the new building will they be able to bump current route drivers to stay in are current building instead of moving further down south? I am located in the central any answers, guesses would be helpful thanks.
No. They will be allowed to follow their routes to the new building. If they decide to stay in the current building they will become cover drivers.

542thruNthru

We have had the same thing happen here for the last two years. You either follow your work or become a cover/utility driver for peak.

Also look into reimbursement for the difference in miles between the 2 building. They had to write every one a check here for the miles each day between the two building.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I know a troll when I see one and you sir are a troll. Hope you enjoy living the rest of your meaningless life and try to figure out how to move out of your parents basement.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Do you have any insight to the question I asked or do you want to be a spelling nazi and serve no purpose to the conversation.
Article 38 of the Master:

"2. Whenever a center or hub is partially closed and the work of
package drivers and all other regular employees, part-time and full-
time, excluding feeder drivers, is transferred to or absorbed by
another center, the affected employees may either follow their work
and have their seniority dovetailed in the new center or be allowed
to exercise their seniority in their present center and displace the
least senior employee in their respective classifications. If any of
the employees whose work is transferred elects not to follow his/her
work, then he or she shall have the same rights as the remaining
employees on the seniority list from which the work was transferred
to bid the work being transferred. Those employees who follow the
work shall have their seniority dovetailed in the new center."
If I am reading this right, then you can bump the LEAST senior member in your classification still at your building. You don't get to choose

oldngray

nowhere special
Article 38 of the Master:

"2. Whenever a center or hub is partially closed and the work of
package drivers and all other regular employees, part-time and full-
time, excluding feeder drivers, is transferred to or absorbed by
another center, the affected employees may either follow their work
and have their seniority dovetailed in the new center or be allowed
to exercise their seniority in their present center and displace the
least senior employee in their respective classifications. If any of
the employees whose work is transferred elects not to follow his/her
work, then he or she shall have the same rights as the remaining
employees on the seniority list from which the work was transferred
to bid the work being transferred. Those employees who follow the
work shall have their seniority dovetailed in the new center."
If I am reading this right, then you can bump the LEAST senior member in your classification still at your building. You don't get to choose

If you choose to stay and not follow your route you can bump the least senior employee but effectively you would only be stuck running garbage until you have a chance to bid on something better. You would still retain your overall seniority. That was how it worked when a new building opened near here and some routes got sent there.

DriverNerd

Two follow up questions to this scenario: If you were to follow your work temporarily to the new center, but then that new center becomes permanent can you switch back to your old building?

If you choose not to follow your work to the new building and then it is indeed temporary and returns, do you get reassigned to your previous position?