Rtd shortage

dezguy

Is this ground? Time to unionize.
Won't happen. Too many people who care only about themselves and don't want to see younger employees get ahead at all. The same guys who topped out in 14 months now talk about younger employees "paying their dues" before they make what senior employees make.

We had the shot at organizing, up here, about 8 years ago. All FedEx had to do was throw a couple BBQ's and a bit of money at people and the drive died as soon as it started.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Won't happen. Too many people who care only about themselves and don't want to see younger employees get ahead at all. The same guys who topped out in 14 months now talk about younger employees "paying their dues" before they make what senior employees make.

We had the shot at organizing, up here, about 8 years ago. All FedEx had to do was throw a couple BBQ's and a bit of money at people and the drive died as soon as it started.
It's amazing how stupid and clueless people can be, isn't it?

bacha29

There is currently a bill in Congress that for all intents and purposes to abolish many if not all OT provisions.As for a competent vs. incompetent drivers you can't just pull something off the rack send him out there and expect him to be able to immediately and completely replicate the performance of a person who has been on that route for 20 years. You guys at express obviously can see the intent of the 10 years vs. 10 step wage ladder. If it looks like the profit plan is in danger of not being met raises can lawfully be delayed by means of the "10 step" pay progression.As for Ground. My state has recently completed the full conversion to ISP . As expected ISP contractors have nearly doubled the stop and coverage area requirements of their drivers and given that most if not all are on per diems their days are much longer and hours are maxed out primarily due to the fact that the entire formula is blind to the RD carrier miles that saturate rural zip codes. All for the same money and in most cases no benefits of any kind.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There is currently a bill in Congress that for all intents and purposes to abolish many if not all OT provisions.As for a competent vs. incompetent drivers you can't just pull something off the rack send him out there and expect him to be able to immediately and completely replicate the performance of a person who has been on that route for 20 years. You guys at express obviously can see the intent of the 10 years vs. 10 step wage ladder. If it looks like the profit plan is in danger of not being met raises can lawfully be delayed by means of the "10 step" pay progression.As for Ground. My state has recently completed the full conversion to ISP . As expected ISP contractors have nearly doubled the stop and coverage area requirements of their drivers and given that most if not all are on per diems their days are much longer and hours are maxed out primarily due to the fact that the entire formula is blind to the RD carrier miles that saturate rural zip codes. All for the same money and in most cases no benefits of any kind.
Umm, what does that have to do with RTDs?

bacha29

Umm, what does that have to do with RTDs?
Under the proposed new law employers rather than pay overtime can give employees time off instead. Of course we all know who will decide if and when that time off will be granted and if granted we know who will fill in during that employees absence. if the bill passes the daily application of that provision is pretty much up to the employer. The focus for the most part is on fast food and department store assistant managers on low salary and working 90 hours a week . Rest assured employers in all sectors will use whatever advantages they are given to the fullest extent possible.

bacha29

That's his way of making it look like he is smart. Cut and paste is his friend
Operational Needs clearly has an intellect far superior to yours as evidenced by his keen interest in a piece of legislation that could impact himself and like minded others who are completely dissimilar to you in many ways including living in a world that is not as ignorant and backward as the one you live in.

Oldfart

Operational Needs clearly has an intellect far superior to yours as evidenced by his keen interest in a piece of legislation that could impact himself and like minded others who are completely dissimilar to you in many ways including living in a world that is not as ignorant and backward as the one you live in.
LOL. Actually, I think they were kinda making fun of you.

bacha29

Whatever you say bossman
Look you're always bragging about all the overtime you get. This bill if passed could change the nature and availability of the OT offered to you going forward. You said that you need several more years of work. I understand but remember you're Social Security benefit is based on your highest 35 years of earnings naturally you would want those remaining years of work to count among those 35 highest years but to do that it would likely require as much OT as you can get. But this legislation if passed may reduce that amount.

Oldfart

Look you're always bragging about all the overtime you get. This bill if passed could change the nature and availability of the OT offered to you going forward. You said that you need several more years of work. I understand but remember you're Social Security benefit is based on your highest 35 years of earnings naturally you would want those remaining years of work to count among those 35 highest years but to do that it would likely require as much OT as you can get. But this legislation if passed may reduce that amount.
I will have to take your word on SS being based on 35 years. I have no idea. Just do the math. In 35 years I have received over 1800 paychecks. No idea the $ amount. A few thousand $ here or there for a couple of years isn't gonna do major damage, good or bad, to my SS payment. I am try to slow down and am exploring going PT. My best 35 years are behind me. I believe at 62, SS is right at $1950 a month. Not a whole lot I can do in a couple of years to affect that amount in a big way.

bacha29

I will have to take your word on SS being based on 35 years. I have no idea. Just do the math. In 35 years I have received over 1800 paychecks. No idea the $ amount. A few thousand $ here or there for a couple of years isn't gonna do major damage, good or bad, to my SS payment. I am try to slow down and am exploring going PT. My best 35 years are behind me. I believe at 62, SS is right at $1950 a month. Not a whole lot I can do in a couple of years to affect that amount in a big way.
Oh how civil and contrite you are when unfolding events could impact you in an unexpected way and somebody takes the time to call your attention to them. But any matters that do not are met with your usual personal attacks. Look i don't owe you or anybody on this site a damn thing. I don't have to the time to try to stay on top of unfolding developments and pass them on so that others can examine them and judge for themselves rather than to be simply blindsided by them.

Oldfart

Oh how civil and contrite you are when unfolding events could impact you in an unexpected way and somebody takes the time to call your attention to them. But any matters that do not are met with your usual personal attacks. Look i don't owe you or anybody on this site a damn thing. I don't have to the time to try to stay on top of unfolding developments and pass them on so that others can examine them and judge for themselves rather than to be simply blindsided by them.
Not being civil or contrite. I am just explaining that my SS benefits are pretty well set and I don't expect the next 16 months or so to make major changes in my benefits. You can quit explaining any and all potential laws, acts or rulings any time you want. I can't say I trust or believe very much you say.

bacha29

Not being civil or contrite. I am just explaining that my SS benefits are pretty well set and I don't expect the next 16 months or so to make major changes in my benefits. You can quit explaining any and all potential laws, acts or rulings any time you want. I can't say I trust or believe very much you say.
I do not nor have I've ever done it for the likes of you . I do it with the hope that it will help the young entry level blue collar employees who may not be completely acclimated with the history of that beloved little company of yours or what they might have to endure going forward.

Oldfart

I do not nor have I've ever done it for the likes of you . I do it with the hope that it will help the young entry level blue collar employees who may not be completely acclimated with the history of that beloved little company of yours or what they might have to endure going forward.
I sure hope those new hires listen to someone more intelligent and informed that you. At least they need to find someone that isn't filled with bitterness from head to toe.

bacha29

I sure hope those new hires listen to someone more intelligent and informed that you. At least they need to find someone that isn't filled with bitterness from head to toe.
My hope is that unlike yourself they won't spend the next 30 years of their lives swallowing everything that company tells them accepting everything they say as fact as well as the hope that when they do have to go to the FedEx Mind Control and Reeducation Academy they will still be able to take control of their own destiny rather than allowing a company to control them to the extent that it has completely controlled you.