RTW- Leaving the Union.

coolslice

First off, I'm not posting this to debate the value of our union. If you love the union, I respect that.

I live in a RTW state, and I'm going to remove myself from the union for a couple of personal reasons. Our state law says that you can leave the union at any point after the contract that was in place when the state became a RTW state expires, including when that contract went under an extension. It also says that any attempt by the union to prevent a person from leaving is a felony and is punishable by a fine of up to $1,000.

In my situation, I have asked stewards about leaving over the last year. The canned answer is that I can't. They said there was a window of one week prior to our most recent contract in which we were allowed to leave. The union never mentioned this at any point to its members, and I know it's not legally true. Essentially, they are lying to keep keep me as a dues paying member, which as I said, is a potential felony. Now they are just blowing me off and refusing to answer my questions about what I need to formally do.

I have decided to send a certified letter stating my desire to leave. I fully expect the union to blow this off or create some other lie to wiggle out of it. This is why I already have a RTW attorney helping me.

My question is for anyone that has gone through this process, and what you experienced. Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to do this quickly and efficiently and not be drown into a childish situation that requires legal action and wasted time.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
First off, I'm not posting this to debate the value of our union. If you love the union, I respect that.

I live in a RTW state, and I'm going to remove myself from the union for a couple of personal reasons. Our state law says that you can leave the union at any point after the contract that was in place when the state became a RTW state expires, including when that contract went under an extension. It also says that any attempt by the union to prevent a person from leaving is a felony and is punishable by a fine of up to $1,000.

In my situation, I have asked stewards about leaving over the last year. The canned answer is that I can't. They said there was a window of one week prior to our most recent contract in which we were allowed to leave. The union never mentioned this at any point to its members, and I know it's not legally true. Essentially, they are lying to keep keep me as a dues paying member, which as I said, is a potential felony. Now they are just blowing me off and refusing to answer my questions about what I need to formally do.

I have decided to send a certified letter stating my desire to leave. I fully expect the union to blow this off or create some other lie to wiggle out of it. This is why I already have a RTW attorney helping me.

My question is for anyone that has gone through this process, and what you experienced. Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to do this quickly and efficiently and not be drown into a childish situation that requires legal action and wasted time.

Wow.

You come to the Union forum, to solicit advice from other's on how to "get out"

of paying dues because you live in a RTW state. And, want to avoid any hassle's.

It's like you fell out of the stupid tree.... and hit every branch on the way down.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

My advice is to figure it out yourself ya know it scabbing prick. That’s still free btw....

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Wow! You might as well have gone to an NRA meeting demanding to ban guns, restrict magazine capacity, or require registration from all gun owners.

While I don't agree with what you are doing and think you are just a :censored2: scab, I like how big your balls are coming into a pro-union shop and forum talking about getting out of the union. LIKE YOU JUST DGAF!
What's next, how do you top this?

My wife just picked up some end of season watermelon cheap. How bout you take that and and some fried chicken and take your ass into a black neighborhood yelling the "N" word. Throw chicken and watermelon at everyone you meet.

friend* you

Rack em

Made the Podium
@coolslice you are a piece of garbage and I can't wait until your scab ass gets fired and the union does the bare minimum and you remain fired. The best part of you dripped down your mothers leg.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

7F562D5C-2A9F-4572-865D-F704C41E0279.jpeg

coolslice

Wow! What a bunch of useless turds! Listening to some of you whine makes me wonder how you function in society, let alone at a job.

I'm just a few short years from retirement, and I've never needed the union one time. The union is a bunch of scamming, fear mongering, do-nothing idiots. I'd rather keep my own money, and I sure as hell don't want my money going to tell me to vote for some :censored2: bag liberal.

The union needs people like you all. I'm not a scab or an idiot. I'm just smart enough to know when I'm getting screwed. It seems most here aren't. Enjoy the thousands you've given them a few short years from now when you've been replaced by 22.4's, drones, and an Amazon delivery van.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Wow! I'm a scab and an idiot. I'm not smart.

Fixed it for you Bub.

You’re also full of Sh^t. Almost to retirement and never needed the Union? So you've never been given a warning letter, or spoken to your stewards for advice, or had them represent you when you RTS? I can go on and on. Take your scab ass somewhere else.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Wow! What a bunch of useless turds! Listening to some of you whine makes me wonder how you function in society, let alone at a job.

I'm just a few short years from retirement, and I've never needed the union one time. The union is a bunch of scamming, fear mongering, do-nothing idiots. I'd rather keep my own money, and I sure as hell don't want my money going to tell me to vote for some :censored2: bag liberal.

The union needs people like you all. I'm not a scab or an idiot. I'm just smart enough to know when I'm getting screwed. It seems most here aren't. Enjoy the thousands you've given them a few short years from now when you've been replaced by 22.4's, drones, and an Amazon delivery van.
I'll bet you'll enjoy receiving those high pension checks that the UNION negotiated to get you. We have one of the highest paying pensions in this county and it sure isn't because Ups felt generous and gave us that money. I'm just sorry the union fought to get that money for scum bags like you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

26137074-8599-4CBA-B028-4D866DA3639D.jpeg

upschuck

Just call the union hall and ask them, I'm sure they'd be helpful.