rumor mill

kingOFchester

You said it, brother! Kids with the former Mrs or the current?

Just getting at the fact that if the mortgage is done on that end, your young'ns must be well taken care of.

Mine either, FavreFan.

Kids go to private school paid 76% me, 24% her....Strange number huh?
House was paid in full prior to divorce. Value pre recession 210k
Child support a little less then 750.00 a month.
Health care 100% me.

So the kids are well taken care of.

As for me, the dirt view from my window well in my basement apartment, couldn't be much better, for a basement window that is.....

Last edited:

Brown and Blue

I was told last night that ups is talking with the union about layoffs
per ups we have a choice to make we can take the raise feb 1 and they will have a huge layoff or we can not take the raise and it will be a very small layoff this should happend sometime next week :devil3:
We all understand that the economy tanked. Were we able to re-negotiate our raises after the 97 contract when the dot com boom sent volume thru the roof. We should get our raise because we all know UPS will layoff anyway if it has to regardless of any deal brokered with the union. It is in times like these that we must stand our ground and be sure the contract is enforced. I believe UPS could find many other ways to cut back and save money. Taking our raise, as small as it is, should not even be considered. Lets hope it is all rumors.....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We all understand that the economy tanked. Were we able to re-negotiate our raises after the 97 contract when the dot com boom sent volume thru the roof. We should get our raise because we all know UPS will layoff anyway if it has to regardless of any deal brokered with the union. It is in times like these that we must stand our ground and be sure the contract is enforced. I believe UPS could find many other ways to cut back and save money. Taking our raise, as small as it is, should not even be considered. Lets hope it is all rumors.....

You said it, BB!

dillweed

Sounds like you're all suffering from cabin fever!

House was pd for at one time, used a bunch of equity. Not wise and we wish we'd have done without back then.

Was using $22 as a figure X 1.5 hours lost per day = $33 X 5 days per week = $165 X 4 weeks = $660 wow, more than I'd figured. A disaster to the budget.

But darned lucky overall. The work, for most of us, will be steady. For those who would be laid off, it is a sad and serous matter.
The weeks of paid vacation and insurance were unheard of prior to economy kicking the bucket. Now they are pure gold.

Weve eaten the crap, our budies suffer and we deserve the bennies but so do many others w/out jobs. Soapbox time, sorry. Going outside to blow the stink off.

tourists24

We should get our raise because we all know UPS will layoff anyway if it has to regardless of any deal brokered with the union. It is in times like these that we must stand our ground and be sure the contract is enforced. I believe UPS could find many other ways to cut back and save money. Taking our raise, as small as it is, should not even be considered. Lets hope it is all rumors.....
You nailed it BB... I was angry that we have to settle for split raises to begin with. UPS isnt running in the red. No need to make concessions at all.

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
Am I to understand this raise Feb. 1 is nationwide for all hour-lies? If so, I just got a raise last Friday, does that mean I'll get another on my next paycheck?

A

anonymous6

I was told last night that ups is talking with the union about layoffs
per ups we have a choice to make we can take the raise feb 1 and they will have a huge layoff or we can not take the raise and it will be a very small layoff this should happend sometime next week :devil3:

The devil face says a lot.

I don't believe you. If this was true it would of been brought up months ago and not a day before the raise.

I would forego my .35 if I could get a guarantee 1 driver wouldn't be laid off in each center. In a 50 driver center that .35 would almost pay a days wages. If you estimate .35 = $4 a day that woud be $200 a day. Of course UPS would have to cover the other half of their compensation. Pension and health & welfare.

Channahon

Your contract is binding, so the increases should not be an issue.
However, prior to peak season, Scott Davis announced there will be layoffs in 2009. How deep will the layoffs go, so far a couple of air sorts have been affected to the tune of 500 employees. Most part timers in the air sorts.

UPS has so far, eluded the National news as other large companies are announcing layoffs daily. Does this mean no layoffs of full time employees at UPS, absolutely not, however, the number of layoffs, so far, are nowhere near any other Fortune 500 company.

Everyone just has to hang in there, do your job effectively, and ride the economic storm. There are many unemployed people out there that will take any job at this point, full time or part time, so protect your job.

Braveheart

I would forgo the next two or three raises if it would keep all full timers on the road. The problem is there will be layoffs regardless of what empty promise the company makes to us.

Put it in writing!!!

I would rather they do the honorable thing and offer some unpaid time off to the upper senior people. Many of us have offered to take unpaid days off to help out only to be ignored.

So drivers went back to mass call ins on Mondays and Fridays to keep these young guys working at least one day a week to help them keep their pay rate.

If you have good attendance then there is no reason they can not cover sick days, FMLA, maternity and paternity leave, funeral leave, personal days, jury duty, and so forth with all the extra drivers.

I would rather have had better contract language than the few extra bucks we got.

If $50k - $70k is not enough then what is? Stronger job rules and job protections!

drewed

Shankman
why is the ground side and the air mechanics getting layed off but NOT the pilots?

courious minds want to know

I dont think we have enough pilots because of the restrictions on the amount of hours to layoff pilots. The pilots union is really tight knit so Id imagine theyd go on furlough (rotating) keep enough flight hours to keep their certs before theyd accept layoffs.

I would forgo the next two or three raises if it would keep all full timers on the road. The problem is there will be layoffs regardless of what empty promise the company makes to us.

Put it in writing!!!

I will raise your two or three raises....And add all raises for the life of this contract and $5...

i ve fully agree with 1989, id gladly give up any and all raises just for the lower people got to work,im sure this will not save all people without much senority, but if it saved 1 job, im a belive we should all be happy were even working, and if any does get layed off my sympathy goes out to you and your family.

Overpaid Union Thug

Another way to help keep everyone behind the wheel would be for everyone to walk (briskly) for each stop and take every minute of their lunch breaks. In centers where drivers are running over an hour under every day its only natural that that the stop counts will go up and the amount of cars on the road will go down. It just doesn't make since for this to be happening while we have drivers sitting it home. Whether it be voluntary or not.

I'mTheMan

I dont think we have enough pilots because of the restrictions on the amount of hours to layoff pilots. The pilots union is really tight knit so Id imagine theyd go on furlough (rotating) keep enough flight hours to keep their certs before theyd accept layoffs.

How many Pilot are in the UPS system that operates the aircrafts previously and currently?