sabotage

doodoobrwn

Holy run on sentence.
UPS won't reconsider hiring younger people. This isn't a job a 45 year old can just jump into. If anything they've dumbed down the process over the years. There's not a whole lot of thinking when it comes to PT. I'm not saying this because I'm a sup and I think people are useless. I say it because smart scanners and PAL labels have removed a lot of the thinking that goes into the job. The hardest job today on the PT level is clerk, and that isn't even that bad.

OP you need to grow a wicked thick skin if you want to work here. It's annoying that they're flipping labels (and frankly a little childish) but if your sup doesn't care, neither should you. He's hurting himself by allowing that to happen.
Also I never specified "UPS" I said large corporations... Read bro...

doodoobrwn

OP you realize you don't sign their checks right so I don't think they give 2 "friend's" about the label on 4 lb package being upside down you gotta grow some taco meat and just say screw it and work at your own pace and worry about yourself because at the end of the day it's every man for himself in that warehouse

UPS Preloader

Almost 5 years. Problem is my coworkers are all good people and we all do our part as a team. It's important to us

If they are good coworkers and doing their part as a team, why are the flipping the boxes over?

I care cuz the people sorting in front of me are all good sorters and if I give up I ruin their night and we all have to much respect for each other to just let it go to :censored2:

If they had respect for you they wouldn't be flipping the boxes over.

Bottom line, don't worry about them. Work a a safe steady pace and do what you can. If you can't keep up because of it, that's the Sup's problem, not yours.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
OP you realize you don't sign their checks right so I don't think they give 2 "friend's" about the label on 4 lb package being upside down you gotta grow some taco meat and just say screw it and work at your own pace and worry about yourself because at the end of the day it's every man for himself in that warehouse

Taco meat... Huh huh huh...
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1427482385.920656.jpg

UPSies

We have 14 belts out of the unload and they split it between two separate areas primary does all east coast. Secondary does most local and west coast. Two separate areas

watdaflock?

I work as a sorter and the primary sorters just like to randomly missort and when I complain they start flipping labels. I work in a pretty busy hub and it's bad enough we don't get the privilege of having the labels facing us, than they flip every package down. The ft was right there and this happens everyday, hub manager doesn't care either. I'm at a loss. It gets me so upset they get away with this that I would like to quit but ups is definitely worth the long haul
Suicide is an option.

Relax everyone I'm kidding.

Dude you are paid well to sort boxes. If you complain that's like blood in the water to sharks. Of course they are going to mess with whiners.

I work as a primary sorter. I'm not saying the primary sorter isn't totally to blame, but you have to understand they are getting constant flow too, and if your hub is anything like mine, huge, then everything that goes wrong is the fault of the sorter. Also when we place our packages on the various belts( especially the top belts) the boxes go up and then fall quite a distance, most of them tumbling, so you can't always blame the PS. Even though most of them are whiney little bishes. I feel your pain tho bro, some unloaders want to go at 1700 an hour and give 0 labels. And don't you dare tell him to stop or feel the wrath of the unload sup or the ft sup

BostonBo

Let the packages with flipped labels ride on by..Pretend they are not there. If you don't have room push them wherever. Not your problem. You only have time to deal with the label up packages.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I work as a sorter and the primary sorters just like to randomly missort and when I complain they start flipping labels. I work in a pretty busy hub and it's bad enough we don't get the privilege of having the labels facing us, than they flip every package down. The ft was right there and this happens everyday, hub manager doesn't care either. I'm at a loss. It gets me so upset they get away with this that I would like to quit but ups is definitely worth the long haul
Tell them what is going on, if they don't do anything, then you have to burn them.