Sabotaged load?

letticesandwich

Just wondering if you thought over the logistics of your proposition Jumpman. In the hub I work in, 25-30 trucks, 14,000 pieces... Unload, all trucks may be unloaded by maybe six people in two hours. Usually there is 3, and two of them are slow. Takes 3.5 hours. Toss in the healthy amount of Irregs. Not to mention that all the trucks, next day air are not yet there ready to go. Then small sort. Would need two stations of small sort to process the 250-300 bags and oddball packages. Then the belt itself would be buried. 14000 in two hours would be, 5500-6000 pieces on the belt in an hour. I say 5.5k-6k because 2k-3k for irregs and small sort. That means per minute, 100 pieces are coming down the chute. What happens when you get a jam? 600 pieces all at once?

It takes time to get these packages processed. For some reason physics is not understood at UPS. Two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Packages do not disappear when they leave your sight. If you think preload is easy, then why is it always messed up? Sorry your loader sucks. But did you think about what you where stating?

DTAHONDA

I made sure my 3 trucks were in perfect order every day. I driver helped for 1 peak, and double shifted a few times. So i got to see ****ty loads. Most people dont give a **** tho

Indecisi0n

Just wondering if you thought over the logistics of your proposition Jumpman. In the hub I work in, 25-30 trucks, 14,000 pieces... Unload, all trucks may be unloaded by maybe six people in two hours. Usually there is 3, and two of them are slow. Takes 3.5 hours. Toss in the healthy amount of Irregs. Not to mention that all the trucks, next day air are not yet there ready to go. Then small sort. Would need two stations of small sort to process the 250-300 bags and oddball packages. Then the belt itself would be buried. 14000 in two hours would be, 5500-6000 pieces on the belt in an hour. I say 5.5k-6k because 2k-3k for irregs and small sort. That means per minute, 100 pieces are coming down the chute. What happens when you get a jam? 600 pieces all at once?

It takes time to get these packages processed. For some reason physics is not understood at UPS. Two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Packages do not disappear when they leave your sight. If you think preload is easy, then why is it always messed up? Sorry your loader sucks. But did you think about what you where stating?

It's not that they don't understand. It's that they don't care.

oldngray

nowhere special
d1d3f089-f985-40c4-b9e1-56180f8be953.jpeg

2 objects at same place at same time. Remember Train A rushing towards Train B?

He or she is a fellow worker, your not their boss. They can definitely make or break your day, not as much As they could before EDD. Back when they kept track of your stops my loader took care of me, of course when Christmas comes around he gets a nice bonus. Seriously, give then a $100 over a year less than 3 hours overtime. Trust me it makes a difference. Working together always makes things better.
I always tip my loader and my mechanic. On the issue with getting your loader in trouble. Soon the company will put in a system that will show them what the loader is doing, one package at a time. Tons and tons of reports. That will suck.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Been asked by many preloaders how to piss off the driver... I always say to them " just put packages into the package car, that will do it. ".

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
UPS has the tools and resources to make this a get off earlier job. They have a vendetta nowadays against the drivers, because they think we make too much money and they r pissed about it. So their response to it is, ok were going to pay you all that money, were going to make sure you are our slaves mon through fri and make sure we take your life from you. Because basically that's what they are doing mon through fei taking your life from you. Kinda an :censored2: move if you ask me, but nobody can deny the peckerheadedness of the company lol. Its like a revenge factor to them.

UPS has the tools and resources to make this a get off earlier job. They have a vendetta nowadays against the drivers, because they think we make too much money and they r pissed about it. So their response to it is, ok were going to pay you all that money, were going to make sure you are our slaves mon through fri and make sure we take your life from you. Because basically that's what they are doing mon through fei taking your life from you. Kinda an :censored2: move if you ask me, but nobody can deny the peckerheadedness of the company lol. Its like a revenge factor to them.
They will never ever get it! yes I know they pay us good money...but that doesnt give them the right to treat us like a POS! Yes please jump me every day and tell me how crappy of a job I did. That will make me work faster...NOT!

Ive been saying it for years having loaders is a waste of time,money and benefits. Better off having the driver load his or her own truck. Just have drivers come in 2 hours earlier and put more drivers on the road so we can get off like at 4 or 5. Just have separate drivers with lil light loads do all the pickups or have them drivers start later so other drivers can get off at a decent time. Id come in super early to do that as long as I could get off at like 4 or 5.
Even if they take the loaders out of the picture. It would cost more money. With us making $32 hour if we work 2 hours with each driver on each truck the company can put one loader on each truck for 8 hours for the same price.

Even if they take the loaders out of the picture. It would cost more money. With us making $32 hour if we work 2 hours with each driver on each truck the company can put one loader on each truck for 8 hours for the same price.
but if you factor in healthcare..vacation..holidays...sick and option time...plus pension contributions....................its cheaper to have less employees!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Probably right just had a demented dream last night probably lol. I agree IGP4U, They are a bunch of :censored2:s that's for sure lol. 13 years and 10 months cant wait til my Alcatraz sentence is over lol.

EmraldArcher

Complaining about your preloader is like sending your food back at a resturant. You have to assume they are going to get even with you. We had our fun sabotaging others loads. One day before pre loaders came about we held a lot of one drivers packages up at the head of the sort. During the whole sort he was really quiet and you could tell he actually thought he was going to have an easy Friday. He ended up with about half the load he normally would have taken out. Just as he slammed his rear door to make a hasty exit we broke the bad news to him. Boy was he pissed. Another thing that happed alot was back before automatic car starters in private vehicals, when it was brutal cold out, eveyone would start their car up when they got back to the building at night so that it would be warn by the time the were checked out. It was always fun to shut the guys heat off and turn on the air-conditioning and watch his reaction when he sat down in his supposedly warm car.

So you did a ****ty job the first time around and then when you got called on it, instead of being an adult and doing better you intentionally ****ed someone over.

​What a credit to the company and society you must be.

PT Car Washer

So what vendetta does UPS have against PT new hires making $150.00 a week and working like slaves?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I was referring to the full time drivers. Sorry if you thought I was talking about the part time employees. Im witcha they bone the part time guys bad dude. Poopy pay and bs waiting forever to go full time. They definitely bone the pt guys.

C

chuchu

O
I was referring to the full time drivers. Sorry if you thought I was talking about the part time employees. Im witcha they bone the part time guys bad dude. Poopy pay and bs waiting forever to go full time. They definitely bone the pt guys.
. And the IBT reps negotiating the contract want to allow the company to use single day vacation (pt) drivers ALL YEAR
LONG and implement a four year progression when pt goes ft? Nothing like getting it from both sides! I think Hoffa/Hall et al are in for a rude awakening. BTW, thanks for getting up at 3 AM all week to be stuck there for several more years if this contract passes AS IS.