Sad News

moreluck

golden ticket member
The teacher should be fired........she/he has no right to deal with the formation of an 8yr old's self esteem.
Of course the union will reward as usual.................only the a-holes get help.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You remember that when one of your grandkids has to wear a big dunce cap and sit in the corner all day while all the kids laugh at him/her. Let's see what you think then.

Kids have been duct taped, messages written on their foreheads with permanent marker and teachers taped yelling "you're stupid" at disabled kids. Yeah, put a letter in their file...........that'll teach them a lesson!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Catastrophe award ?..........how many 8 yr. olds even know what a catastrophe is??? This was for the teacher's delight and amusement.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The kids 8 this is just a guess but the fact that moms life is probably completely disorganized has a lot to do with the kid being disorganized too. Mom should take this as a challenge to get her ducks in a row and the child will likely follow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The kids 8 this is just a guess but the fact that moms life is probably completely disorganized has a lot to do with the kid being disorganized too. Mom should take this as a challenge to get her ducks in a row and the child will likely follow.

Would you go so far as to fire the teacher over this? Or do you think a written reprimand with a copy in her file would suffice?

Brownslave688

A slap on the wrist at most. I'm reading between the lines a lot here and we may not have all the info but I see this as a teacher trying to teach the child a lesson in a fun loving way by giving this "award". Personally I think she should have just given her zeroes and I bet mommy would not have went to the media had she had to repeat the grade.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Public humiliation is not "fun loving".

"Humiliating students, especially in front of their peers, produces nothing positive. It's a form of bullying and must be stopped. According to Alan McEvoy, "Students who are bullied by teachers typically experience confusion, anger, fear, self-doubt, and profound concerns about their academic and social competencies."

http://www.myparentime.com/articles/08/article702.shtml

Brownslave688

Listen hindsight is 20/20 I never said the teacher did the right thing I said she should have given the girl zeroes. I'm sure the teacher realizes now it was the wrong decision. However there was no malice intent with what she did and you have yet to acknowledge the girl screwed up. Remember if she turns in her assignments on time this story never happens. All actions have consequences kids learn this at a very young age and by overprotective mom making a huge deal of this the child is unlikely to realize she was the first one in the wrong.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I hope no one has kids exposed to a teacher like this.
Giving zeros or friend's is one thing and the student deserved one or the other.
Humiliating her and letting the rest of the class laugh at her is cruel, bullying, or whatever you want to call it.

So on parent/teacher night does Miss Crabapple tell the girl's parents she's a catastrophe? How will that go over. This teacher can't even be a vet because I sure wouldn't take my dog to her.

Apparently I'm alone in my opinion........oh well, it wouldn't be he first time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is a story that saddens me. A 'few people' make it so the 'many people' can't feel patriotism through this great song !! It sucks to always be bowing to the likes of ACLU or the other nuts and crazies. Same with PETA and all those goofy orgnizations that carry things too far!!
I would definitely have any kids of mine in a private school that did things the way I want them done!!

NYC principal bars students from singing 'God Bless the USA' at graduation | Fox News