Sadly- Covid-19

Benefits

Just going to post the article- Don't know how to do a link.
Please, no jokes on this thread. Sad for this person and their family, RIP

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A United Parcel Service Inc worker employed in Kentucky died over the weekend from a COVID-19 infection, Gov. Andy Beshear said at a public health briefing on Monday.

UPS separately said that a “valued member of our management team” at its Worldport global shipping hub in Louisville, Kentucky, had died. UPS declined to give the man’s cause of death, citing medical privacy laws.

UPS employs roughly 20,000 workers in the Louisville area - mainly at Worldport, which is central to the U.S. government’s effort to rush in medical supplies for healthcare workers.

Worldport employees told Reuters and Louisville television station WDRB, which was first to confirm the Worldport death, that they believed the supervisor who died on Saturday had contracted COVID-19.

Employees, who declined to be named for fear of retribution, told Reuters that UPS is not disclosing how many of their co-workers have fallen ill after being exposed to the novel coronavirus that has killed more than 10,000 people in the United States.

Other large employers - including GE Appliance, Amazon and Ford Motor Co - have briefed workers on COVID-19 cases in their facilities without revealing the names of affected individuals.

Atlanta-based UPS last week said it is working with President Donald Trump’s Coronavirus Taskforce, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and state agencies to distribute test kits, protective equipment like N95 masks, and medical devices such as respirators.

FEMA is using UPS’s 5.2 million-square-foot Worldport facility for temporary staging of shipments from overseas as part of a public-private partnership that the Trump Administration has named Project Airbridge.

Worldport is UPS’ largest air hub - with more than 300 inbound and outbound flights daily. The hub processes roughly 2 million packages per day.

Reporting by Lisa Baertlein in Los Angeles; Editing by Michael Perry

wilberforce15

Sounds like they are trying to blame UPS without any facts or background.

The company doesn't care if their employees live or die. We're a month into a global pandemic, and our entire shift hasn't seen a single glove, a clorox wipe, a can of lysol, a tub of bleach, or any disinfectant of any kind.

We do now get the bathrooms cleaned daily.

I don't care who sues the company for what. They should win every time, because UPS ain't even trying. UPS is to be presumed guilty until they at least try.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
They have blocked every other urinal at my building. Either someone cares or they're using a pandemic as an excuse to not fix plumbing.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The company doesn't care if their employees live or die. We're a month into a global pandemic, and our entire shift hasn't seen a single glove, a clorox wipe, a can of lysol, a tub of bleach, or any disinfectant of any kind.

We do now get the bathrooms cleaned daily.

I don't care who sues the company for what. They should win every time, because UPS ain't even trying. UPS is to be presumed guilty until they at least try.
Once ot burns through our employee population will will have immunity.

wilberforce15

Once ot burns through our employee population will will have immunity.

I don't care about the employees.

Each of our employees has a mother, a father, a grandmother, a grandfather, and such that have had cancer, heart disease, COPD, and all that.

Most of our employees are fine. It's our job not to kill our families. That means we have to stop it, even if we won't die.

It's almost like people other than ourselves actually do matter.

Wally

I don't care about the employees.

Each of our employees has a mother, a father, a grandmother, a grandfather, and such that have had cancer, heart disease, COPD, and all that.

Most of our employees are fine. It's our job not to kill our families. That means we have to stop it, even if we won't die.

It's almost like people other than ourselves actually do matter.
Oh well, too late, it's out there.

wilberforce15

This ain't going away, face it. You will not stop it. Too many asymptomatics spreading it.

I'm not trying to stop it. That's why I didn't say 10k, which is the current count.

We can absolutely make a difference in tens of thousands in body count. That's unquestionable, and the only reason you're questioning it is that you don't want to be inconvenienced to save a life.

This isn't even debateable.

Wally

Part of the problem is people falsely believed everything we are doing now is directed at eliminating the virus. It is not. What they are trying to do is slow down the burn rate. It's like using the damper on a wood stove, all the wood will be consumed, but at a slower pace.

wilberforce15

Part of the problem is people falsely believed everything we are doing now is directed at eliminating the virus. It is not. What they are trying to do is slow down the burn rate. It's like using the damper on a wood stove, all the wood will be consumed, but at a slower pace.

And yet you're stupidly acting as though action is irrelevant. We can absolutely change how quickly, and how many, people die.

You're just too selfish to do anything about it.

wilberforce15

Good luck stopping this.

No one is trying to stop it.

I gave 20k and 100k lives lost as examples of a difference we could make.

The current count is 10k Americans.

So, obviously I don't believe we can stop it.

We can stunt it, and that can save tens of thousands of lives.

I wish you were a waste of space and breath. That would be an upgrade. Instead, you're using your space and breath to make sure more die.

Go back to being useless. It's an improvement.

Wally

No one is trying to stop it.

I gave 20k and 100k lives lost as examples of a difference we could make.

The current count is 10k Americans.

So, obviously I don't believe we can stop it.

We can stunt it, and that can save tens of thousands of lives.

I wish you were a waste of space and breath. That would be an upgrade. Instead, you're using your space and breath to make sure more die.

Go back to being useless. It's an improvement.
Slow it down and in the end same number of people are dead.

wilberforce15

Slow it down and in the end same number of people are dead.

You don't believe that the same number of people would die no matter what we do. You don't believe that we only affect the rate at which the death happens, not the total amount of death.

No one is stupid enough to believe it.

Rather, it's your excuse to continue not doing anything.

Wally

You don't believe that the same number of people would die no matter what we do. You don't believe that we only affect the rate at which the death happens, not the total amount of death.

No one is stupid enough to believe it.

Rather, it's your excuse to continue not doing anything.
We shut everything down and it is still spreading.

How do you eliminate a virus? We are buying time to develop a vaccine or an effective treatment. trump wasted two months by telling the American people not to worry that it will just go away.