Safety committee

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Kanovic, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

anyone on the safety committee here? What kind of things do you guys try to do to get people to take safety serious? Any Interesting activities you do etc

2. It's a dog and pony show my friend

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Spy on drivers and hand out bottles of water

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  4. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Oh this is the perfect thread for @quad decade guy

5. 542thruNthru

Also if I knew how to get people to care about something. I wouldn't have a local that didn't reach 50% in voting.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. 542thruNthru

It's not the drivers you need to convince. It's management and the company that need to take safety seriously.
    tenor-30.gif

7. I agree.

8. Intellectually dishonest.

9. We don't have bottles of water anymore. There's no spying going on. There's cameras everywhere. Besides blatant, reckless, deliberately obstinate behavior is done in broad beautiful daylight. On purpose.

10. 542thruNthru

Ok. The company has created a production over safety culture at UPS. If you can't see that then you're blind.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List

11. Nothing effective. Matter of fact: I think the safety committee should be disbanded. It's
    just a jobs program for two people to get that 62nd hour. Oh, fried chicken. But that just raises cholesterol. So, it's actually harmful....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

I agree but we also have a lot of drivers that just don’t care. They won’t stop when exiting the building, won’t honk etc. hell won’t even wear safety vests on the yard when doing pretrips. They will bluntly says I’m not doing that :censored2: lol. Good times.

13. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

You mean the tier 3 committee?

14. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

Those don’t mean anything in our center anymore lol. We had a guy rear ended three cars and literally went fulltime the next week. One guy has had 2 wrecks in a month and guess what? Still driving.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. 542thruNthru

Do you have a safety manager/sup in your building. Have you talked with him/her about the observations? Management should be addressing these issues in PCMs. It's another classic case of management doesn't care until something happens and they get chewed out on a conference call.

16. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

Yea but it’s one of those thing where they really don’t want to hold people accountable until like you said something happens. They are too busy watching YouTube in the office with ac lol

17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If you want some easy $$$$ sign up

18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Omg who cares

19. Shift Inhibit

Shift Inhibit He who laughs last didn't get it.

@Integrity

20. Shift Inhibit

Shift Inhibit He who laughs last didn't get it.

They play with multicolored Chalk & crayons at my building... oh & sometimes hide tiny candy bars in the pkg cars with safety tips attached to them.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List