Safety committee

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
If you want some easy $$$$ sign up
I actually did lol. My wife decided she wanted to be a stay at home mom so figured get some extra money won’t hurt. I usually show up early for work anyway so why not make money for it. They want me to do mentoring/depth of knowledge. Err body gonna fail lol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
anyone on the safety committee here? What kind of things do you guys try to do to get people to take safety serious? Any Interesting activities you do etc

As long as people feel rushed, they will not take safety as seriously as they should. If you want to get through, you will need to get creative. Know any one armed men?

local.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I will add: People fear the loss of their jobs, or being harassed, if they don't go fast enough. This fear overrides their fear of harming themselves and others. If we drum it into their heads that the company can't discipline them regarding production, and if those of us who represent the union have their backs when they face harassment, we may be able to help people get their priorities straight.

El Correcto

god is dead
I think a lot of drivers work unsafely and skip breaks out of laziness. They want to be off earlier and not put in the proper time it takes to do the job. This gives them an inflated sense of their “hard” work because managements numbers and feedback is positive towards this behavior. Really their work ethic and morals are garbage.

The safety committee is just one of many things to help put all the responsibility on the drivers, which honestly it should be. The company is like a snake taking advantage of dumb people to get up a mountain, when the dummies finally get bit they’ll point to things like the safety committee to remind you they warned you they were snakes from the beginning.

5Cube4Life

Safety committee here is a joke. Just guys trying not to run a route and get out early. Have witness daily one member in particular doing their pretrip with no lights on.

El Correcto

god is dead
If you’re smart you’ll listen to the safety committees, the pcm goals, the random messages, their methods, their telematic quotas and you’ll give these people exactly what they ask for, which is to hand you thousands of dollars putting you over 9.5 every week.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yet, it's always hourlys getting into accidents or injured because of not following the methods.... But it's always managements fault right?
If management took safety seriously they’d tell the speed demons that always misdeliver packages, have most of the accidents and injuries to slow the *:censored2: down. But instead they let it slide until something bad happens and then try and throw the book at the drivers. And have you seen an OC Sup on the truck? LOL. Safety my ass.

Last edited:

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Yet, it's always hourlys getting into accidents or injured because of not following the methods.... But it's always managements fault right?
It is Management's fault.
Injuries and Accidents are a direct reflection of the toxic work environment created by Management.
Useless metrics and Harassment of Drivers and PT inside workers creates an environment conducive to injuries and accidents.
Management is the root cause of all problems at UPS.