Safety committee

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
anyone on the safety committee here? What kind of things do you guys try to do to get people to take safety serious? Any Interesting activities you do etc

542thruNthru

anyone on the safety committee here? What kind of things do you guys try to do to get people to take safety serious? Any Interesting activities you do etc

It's not the drivers you need to convince. It's management and the company that need to take safety seriously.
tenor-30.gif

quad decade guy

Nothing effective. Matter of fact: I think the safety committee should be disbanded. It's
just a jobs program for two people to get that 62nd hour. Oh, fried chicken. But that just raises cholesterol. So, it's actually harmful....

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
It's not the drivers you need to convince. It's management and the company that need to take safety seriously.
View attachment 262679
I agree but we also have a lot of drivers that just don’t care. They won’t stop when exiting the building, won’t honk etc. hell won’t even wear safety vests on the yard when doing pretrips. They will bluntly says I’m not doing that :censored2: lol. Good times.

542thruNthru

I agree but we also have a lot of drivers that just don’t care. They won’t stop when exiting the building, won’t honk etc. hell won’t even wear safety vests on the yard when doing pretrips. They will bluntly says I’m not doing that :censored2: lol. Good times.

Do you have a safety manager/sup in your building. Have you talked with him/her about the observations? Management should be addressing these issues in PCMs. It's another classic case of management doesn't care until something happens and they get chewed out on a conference call.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Do you have a safety manager/sup in your building. Have you talked with him/her about the observations? Management should be addressing these issues in PCMs. It's another classic case of management doesn't care until something happens and they get chewed out on a conference call.
Yea but it’s one of those thing where they really don’t want to hold people accountable until like you said something happens. They are too busy watching YouTube in the office with ac lol

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
They play with multicolored Chalk & crayons at my building... oh & sometimes hide tiny candy bars in the pkg cars with safety tips attached to them.