Safety? What Safety?

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Ok am I crazy, or does this seem to be an accident waiting to happen?
It's time for peak again, and today Feeder Mngt was standing in the crosswalk holding up pedestrian traffic to allow feeder, and shifter traffic to pass with out having to stop at the stop signs that are posted at said crosswalk.

trickpony1

Feeder equipment (trailers, tractors, shifters) have huge "blind spots".

When the PT'ers run into the building, whether they use the crosswalk or not, they don't know, or care, whether the feeder truckdriver can see them.

All they know is they must get inside and clock in. They are, essentially, children and have the insight and foresight of children. I had one child go UNDER my dropframe trailer just behind the dolly. The child then got indignent when I exited my tractor and brought it to his attention that he could have got killed if I hadn't seen him in my mirrors. It must be wonderful to be so smart.

I think it's a great idea because, 1) it gives management something to do and 2) it might keep a child from getting killed.

30andout

Sounds like one of the safety ideas the safety committee came up with that they actually used. Don't let management know its a good idea, they will stop doing it.

browntruckmechanic

That's where we will disagree, feeders did the same thing last year, and it set a dangerious presidence. After peak was over all drivers got in the habit of not having to stop and the signs. I personally have had a tire knocked out of my hand while push it to the tire dump, yes I was in the crosswalk, another mech was in cross walk when he was trapped between to feeder drivers pulling a set of doubles. He could literally reach out and touch the trailers. I guess that my hub is different from other hubs, ie... courtious drivers.

browniehound

That's where we will disagree, feeders did the same thing last year, and it set a dangerious presidence. After peak was over all drivers got in the habit of not having to stop and the signs. I personally have had a tire knocked out of my hand while push it to the tire dump, yes I was in the crosswalk, another mech was in cross walk when he was trapped between to feeder drivers pulling a set of doubles. He could literally reach out and touch the trailers. I guess that my hub is different from other hubs, ie... courtious drivers.

Wow. Another scholar mechanic in our ranks, Are you sure you didn't mean "precedent"?

browntruckmechanic

Update. Oh the sweet smell of Irony.

It seems that the manger that thought of this idea up was ran over in the crosswalk by a shifter driver. He recived internal injuries, and a broke leg. The driver was terminated on the spot for anyone guess?
Not yielding to a pedistrian in a crosswalk and running a stop sign.

LKLND3380

Update. Oh the sweet smell of Irony.

It seems that the manger that thought of this idea up was ran over in the crosswalk by a shifter driver. He recived internal injuries, and a broke leg. The driver was terminated on the spot for anyone guess?
Not yielding to a pedistrian in a crosswalk and running a stop sign.

isn't that called karma

browntruckmechanic

To all that thought this was an outstanding idea, As i stated all drivers in the yard have gotten in the HABIT of not stopping and stop signs or yielding to pedistrians. Well Friday night I was in cross walk wearing the nice reflective vest that ha became pat of uniform. A feeder driver in unit 262012 thought that the stop sign that is at that crosswal is an option well after I hit the door with my fist as he was going by, he dicided to investing the noise. Driver asked what I was doing? told him tryng not to get killed in the crosswalk. He told me that he had hot loads. was wondering how hot those loads would be after the truck is stuck in place for a couple of days during the fatality accdident investigation.

dragracer66

Wow. Another scholar mechanic in our ranks, Are you sure you didn't mean "precedent"?
Wow I didn't realize this was a driver only forum... I've seen plenty of dvir's over the year's and some of you guy's (driver's) barely can spell your own name let alone us (mechanic's) trying to figure out what the hell you college grad's are writing up...In other word's take it easy on brown truck mechanic he goes through that evey day trying to read what you write up!!! Also the last time a driver almost hit me he laughed about it until I tried pulling him out of his tractor and he drove off like a frightened school girl!!! I got his tractor # and feeder's took him out of service and sent him home with another driver from his building, After his 3 day suspension he had to say he was sorry to me and every other mechanic at our pcm. He was know for flying around the yard so he had it coming to him. Thankfully nobody was hurt!!!:thumbup1:

JustAnotherBody

Wow I didn't realize this was a driver only forum... I've seen plenty of dvir's over the year's and some of you guy's (driver's) barely can spell your own name let alone us (mechanic's) trying to figure out what the hell you college grad's are writing up...In other word's take it easy on brown truck mechanic he goes through that evey day trying to read what you write up!!! Also the last time a driver almost hit me he laughed about it until I tried pulling him out of his tractor and he drove off like a frightened school girl!!! I got his tractor # and feeder's took him out of service and sent him home with another driver from his building, After his 3 day suspension he had to say he was sorry to me and every other mechanic at our pcm. He was know for flying around the yard so he had it coming to him. Thankfully nobody was hurt!!!:thumbup1:

did they make him do it with his pants around his ankles???
thatsa good punishment though. Hopefully he didn't get paid for his ride home.

I

IDrrivBGRIGSmeBEtaTHNu

[QUOTE/] A feeder driver in unit 262012 thought that the stop sign that is at that crosswal is an option well after I hit the door with my fist as he was going by, he dicided to investing the noise. Driver asked what I was doing? told him tryng not to get killed in the crosswalk. He told me that he had hot loads. was wondering how hot those loads would be after the truck is stuck in place for a couple of days during the fatality accdident investigation.[/QUOTE]

wuz HE drving a trayler grez monke? u so dum. us feaderz (thts Bg Rigs dummy) guyz are like the MLB machan-iks, [ps ups machan-iks are dummest... al, your truks u fixs brown. how? easy.] is singl A trash!!!!

we gt extra tur key 4 ech grez monke we rund ovr.