Sales Lead?

Holydriver

Hey all, i've been told i need to get a sales lead as part of my 30 days. I run a pretty heavy business/industrial route and the majority of the businesses i pass i already service. Any thoughts/tips/suggestions on getting something to please management? I know its tough since things like this are area specific.
Dude, give them a fake name and fake number. That'll save you the heat. Hell, give them a friend's number that will act like they're interested when Ups calls. But, here's the important part. Have that friend talk about the shipping costs, then decline suggesting FedEx or USPS is a better option. Boom, you submitted a sales lead and no one has to pay for it in the long run. This isn't rocket science here.

Holydriver

Some decent backup plans if I don't get an actual lead. Thanks guys
For real tho man, you're new and gullible. Ups plays head games. Just do your job and work hard doing it. Don't worry about the other stuff. Sure, don't back up a lot, don't have an accident, and skip lunches this month. Then become FT and be normal. It's not that hard. Be an employee for UPS that you'd want to hire if you were the company president.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I know of one place that i often see fedex at while i'm there. But we royally :censored2: them off today so i'm not sure they'd be interested in more ups at the moment.

You don't have to tell the customer that you are going to submit the sales lead. Just put one in in an attempt to gain lost volume. You can submit it in your DIAD.

542thruNthru

They did this to us for awhile when I first started driving. It stresses people out that are already stressed out from worrying about making it.

I walked into a McDonald's wrote down the managers name that is posted on the wall. Got the number for store off the Internet and BOOM instant sales lead.

upschuck

In your 30 days, do what they tell you, out of your 30 days, do what is right and proper. You don't want to give them another reason to put a mark in the no column.

Returntosender

BOB_zpseek74yzr.png

BrownTexas

That was another thought i had, i've enough of a load as is. I'll keep it in mind, but i'm not even sure who i'd ask since most places already ship ups on this route. Plus its a training route, so it's probably sales leaded to death.
If you notice a place that fed ex leaves a lot of packages at, and you don't, then write it down. Sales lead done. You're welcome.

MC0493

I've been trying to see, asked a few people today and they said previous drivers already asked them. Route is already pretty maxed out, most places either ship with us or ship their own stuff.

iowa boy

Hey all, i've been told i need to get a sales lead as part of my 30 days. I run a pretty heavy business/industrial route and the majority of the businesses i pass i already service. Any thoughts/tips/suggestions on getting something to please management? I know its tough since things like this are area specific.

No where in your 30 day qualification packet is there a requirement to get a sales lead. Just ask what your allowance is to chitchat to someone about a sales lead when you are trying to qualify?

Id be real curious to know that number...

I turned in my last sales lead in Q3 2000. When they tell me I haven't turned in a sales lead, I tell them to check their records again. I had about $7,000 on my AMEX card back then.