Sales reps: Oh, NOW you want to start contacting customers?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I actually run a route... this ain't the city. I bid the route not the loader or the misloads. I report the misloads via the diad, and I rarely answer my phone.... so I did my part.

I also actually ran a route and still managed to either run off the misloads, set up a meet point or leave them at a pickup for an on car to pick up and shuttle to the driver for that area.

Ghost in the Darkness

You know those people who come in early before start time and sort their truck, work through their break, put their lunch in their diad for their drive time back to the building, use their phone for work purposes, & run from truck to house all so they can get done at as quickly as possible... I'm not one of those people.
Its just a package, not life or death. I'm not in charge of misloads. They give me 9.5 hrs or more nearly every day. I work an honest day... chasing misloads is not my problem.

Last edited:

rustys954rr

You know those people who come in early before start time and sort their truck, work through their break, put their lunch in their diad for their drive time back to the building, use their phone for work purposes, & run from truck to house all so they can get done at as quickly as possible... I'm not one of those people.
Its just a package, not life or death. I'm not in charge of misloads. They give me 9.5 hrs or more nearly every day. I work an honest day... chasing misloads is not my problem.
If you're not in a rush to get done, why not just run it. It's the easiest money you can make.

Ghost in the Darkness

Misloads are not my problem. Reporting them is where its ends for me. I show up on time, I don't whine about how heavy the load is. I have a family and I'd like to get done. That doesn't mean I will cheat myself. I work enough hours, I don't need the extra money.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Misloads are not my problem. Reporting them is where its ends for me. I show up on time, I don't whine about how heavy the load is. I have a family and I'd like to get done. That doesn't mean I will cheat myself. I work enough hours, I don't need the extra money.

So you truly work for United Parcel.

I would run off misloads that were on adjacent areas and those within a 15 min radius-----anything beyond that I would call and set up a place to drop them to be picked up and either shuttled or delivered.

iowa boy

So you truly work for United Parcel.

I would run off misloads that were on adjacent areas and those within a 15 min radius-----anything beyond that I would call and set up a place to drop them to be picked up and either shuttled or delivered.

The service part of our job went by the wayside years ago, you know this. Granted there are those that still care about customer service, but if the company isn't concerned about service any more, why should the drivers?

Ghost in the Darkness

Good for you. As for Service, my customers love me. I changed routes over the last year and the driver that bid my old route tells me my former customers ask about me and say they miss me. I do great on Service. Sups chase misloads everyday I just happen to be in a very rural area now. On my former route they would come get the misloads, nowadays not so much.

iowa boy

So if your employer jumped off a bridge would you be right behind them?

I never said I didn't care about customer service, but when UPS became a company only concerned about numbers, instead of being concerned about their customers and what they need, why should I take the time any more to care, as the company doesn't.

35years

Gravy route
I also actually ran a route and still managed to either run off the misloads, set up a meet point or leave them at a pickup for an on car to pick up and shuttle to the driver for that area.
Yep,
You actually got your route done by....
Going in early, setting up, bringing add corrections to the clerks, calling COD customers, all off the clock....

And running misloads "on your way home" off the clock in your own car. All of which you have admitted doing on this forum. No wonder you had time for customer service.

A real superstar. In a center that dispatched 8-9 hours a day.

One has to wonder if you would have even been able to run a normal 10-12 hour route without all your work off the clock.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Report the misloads and let Management figure it out.
Do not use your phone for work purposes.
All communication through the DIAD.
Get on the 9.5 list.
If directed to run misloads and you go over 9.5 bury them in grievances.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Has anyone else that has a lot of pick up accounts been told that a local sales rep has been calling to see if we are making pick ups? I lost count of how many of my pick up customers have told me that.

Apparently one for my area has been calling asking whether or not I’ve started coming by and if I‘m making the pick up on time. I assume he means during the pick up window. My customers have basically told him yeah. Don’t worry. He’s got this.

What’s strange is you can’t get these guys to contact any customers for a sales lead, which I gave up on a very long time ago, or when an existing account has issues and wants to speak with them. But now they want to attempt to micromanage their drivers from the comfort of their wasted cubicle space? LOL.

Since the start of the pandemic we have been dealing with closures, customers opening later, closing earlier, and other nonsense and these supposed sales reps want to try to get proactive now? Well, they are rather late to the party. As usual.
What a dumb post LOL

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I actually run a route... this ain't the city. I bid the route not the loader or the misloads. I report the misloads via the diad, and I rarely answer my phone.... so I did my part.

When I had my country run most of the infrequent misloads that I would get were for the adjacent route. There was a country store on that route that had a daily pickup where we would leave misloads for one another. I would run off misloads not on that route on my way back to the center. Misloads nowhere near my area would be sheeted as missed.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Why aren't you chronically running them off or chronically setting up a meet point to get them to the appropriate driver?

The adjacent trucks on my pull are on routes nearly an hour away. My center manager said he's getting very tired of delivering misloads. I politely explained that if preload would move the current stoner loader somewhere else where he can't foul everything up he wouldn't have to drive 90 mins. to deliver an LL Bean shirt.