FedEx going hard for UPS shippers

Doing time

You do realize the small and medium (SME) customers are exactly who UPS is pursuing and they are cutting ties with large accounts that are marginally profitable.

Based on the last earnings call, UPS is being very successful at winning SME customers through the digital access program that targets small accounts with aggressive incentives. The digital program generated >$2.3B in revenue in 2022; expect to generate ~$3B in 2023 so it seems to be doing OK. FedEx does not have an equivalent program and is losing small customers to UPS.

I have not heard about that and it sounds like good news. My opinion is just based on the pick ups I’ve seen lost to Fed ex ground on the routes I run and the feed back from those customers. I’m glad to hear they are working on that.

textat3

They are doing the supplements first so everything can be sign sealed and delivered by 8/1. The company has our proposal. We are getting FT just decent raises but a 3% 401k match. There is no room to negotiate, and why would we? How do you negotiate with a company that you made 13B for and they gave the shareholders a 50% raise. We want ours. Shareholders got theirs. Carol got hers….27M. We want ours and we will get it.

Family

They are doing the supplements first so everything can be sign sealed and delivered by 8/1. The company has our proposal. We are getting FT just decent raises but a 3% 401k match. There is no room to negotiate, and why would we? How do you negotiate with a company that you made 13B for and they gave the shareholders a 50% raise. We want ours. Shareholders got theirs. Carol got hers….27M. We want ours and we will get it.
Unless there is across the board deflation by let's say 15%, wage earners have taken a pay cut over the last couple years. So everybody has to work longer hours to have the same standard of living as they had a few years back.

Thebrownblob

There’s no 401(k) match, and where are you hearing 3% raises? What economics are being discussed in supplements? And as in previous discussions, how do we negotiate hours of work in supplements first when there’s articles in the master like 22.4 that we need to go away before we can really negotiate if the international is serious about getting rid of it?

Thebrownblob

Aren’t the supplements based off of the Master though? Confused
Generally speaking, your supplement and rider is a lot more important in your day to day work life. The master sets the agenda for the nation on things like healthcare, pensions, raises, and job classifications ect ect. This particular contract season it seems like the national should’ve went first because those job classifications like 22.4 and the one the company wants PVD need some firm language and agreements, before supplements can go forward.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Aren’t the supplements based off of the Master though? Confused

For the most part the (Master) covers the monetary aspects of the Contract..GWI, Health and Welfare and Pension contributions in most areas.

Supplemental language was created to cover any improvements not contained under the (Master)…

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Generally speaking, your supplement and rider is a lot more important in your day to day work life. The master sets the agenda for the nation on things like healthcare, pensions, raises, and job classifications ect ect. This particular contract season it seems like the national should’ve went first because those job classifications like 22.4 and the one the company wants PVD need some firm language and agreements, before supplements can go forward.

Getting the supplements out of the way is a smart decision. Remember the last two National Contracts..they dragged on way past the deadlines, most of us got sick 🤢 when we started to hear: “where’s my retro check, I deserve it”… just call it as if a was bonus money or 30 pieces of silver to sell our less fortunate brothers and sisters down the River.

Another positive about getting the supplements out of the way is that the International can concentrate on eliminating any concessionary language contained under the Master. It is possible that a strike authorization vote will not come into play this Contract. Have to wait and see.🤔

Thebrownblob

Getting the supplements out of the way is a smart decision. Remember the last two National Contracts..they dragged on way past the deadlines, most of us got sick 🤢 when we started to hear: “where’s my retro check, I deserve it”… just call it as if a was bonus money or 30 pieces of silver to sell our less fortunate brothers and sisters down the River.

Another positive about getting the supplements out of the way is that the International can concentrate on eliminating any concessionary language contained under the Master. It is possible that a strike authorization vote will not come into play this Contract. Have to wait and see.🤔
Again, like I said, a lot can be accomplished in negotiating supplements first. But this particular contract the international has said they want to get rid of the 22.4, eliminate forced six days, and get rid of PVDs. I don’t see how you can craft and finalize language for a supplement, not knowing what’s going on with those very large items.

textat3

There’s no 401(k) match, and where are you hearing 3% raises? What economics are being discussed in supplements? And as in previous discussions, how do we negotiate hours of work in supplements first when there’s articles in the master like 22.4 that we need to go away before we can really negotiate if the international is serious about getting rid of it?
you are dead wrong. 3% 401k match is what we are getting… raise $1-2 an hour over 5 years.

Thebrownblob

you are dead wrong. 3% 401k match is what we are getting… raise $1-2 an hour over 5 years.
What in gods name are you talking about? They haven’t even started negotiating that language yet.😂 we are only doing supplements. There is no wage increases there.