Sammie made it!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Our most senior driver retired Friday. Though there was no big announcement/ceremony, there was a cake and some food. Good Luck, Sammie!:peaceful: If you look at the picture closely, you'll see Sammie's face.
100_9427.jpg

upsgrunt

It takes a very special person to do 35 years at UPS. I'd love to shake his hand!
Congratulations Sammie- the next 35 will seem like a walk in the park.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had a driver retire last week with 28 years. The PCM was all about him. We had a sheet cake, fruit, and water for everybody. Jesse, the driver, got some parting gifts of a blue UPS shirt, UPS pen set, UPS back pack, UPS coffee cup. loafers, a steakhouse gift card and a plaque from our Center Manager. Our Business Agent from Local 728 gave him a Local 728 Retiree bumper sticker and a watch.

I thought this was cool, it has been several years since somebody retired out of my Center. The last guy retired a couple of years ago and got a sheet cake one morning about three months later. My current center manager deserves a lot of credit for this, he knew Jessie for over 25 years and wanted to make sure he was recognized. Someof us chipped in a few bucks for the cause. Jesse is a Marine Viet Nam vet, and has had several knee surgeries the last few years and has suffered a lot of pain since. He is a great guy and will be missed at work.

rod

Retired 22 years
Congradulations Sammie---------------now go burn those old brown clothes and don't look back:peaceful: (its nice to see some centers still have a management team that takes the time to show their appreciation of a job well done)

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Did not realize Sammie was in your center or that she had been around that long.

That Sammie spent a career at UPS, mostly in management. She told me how long she was a UPS'er but I forget now. She's been retired for a couple years now and lives in the Denver-area. We tried to connect a couple times to share stories about UPS but it just never worked out :dissapointed:. -Rocky

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Congradulations Sammie---------------now go burn those old brown clothes and don't look back:peaceful: (its nice to see some centers still have a management team that takes the time to show their appreciation of a job well done)
I hear there a guy in Germany looking to buy old uniforms:happy-very:

Sammie

Our most senior driver retired Friday. Though there was no big announcement/ceremony, there was a cake and some food. Good Luck, Sammie!:peaceful: If you look at the picture closely, you'll see Sammie's face.

Well, bless his little heart! 35 years. Hope you gave Sammie a big hug and kiss from his namesake! :laughing:
I'd like to have gone the 35 years, but apparently that was not to be....Made it to 30 tho! And even if there was no plaque or parade
in my honor, I did walk out with something rather unique.... (Couldn't
take a decent pix of it thru the plastic cover and still not sure what
the heck it is as I never broke the seal to take a closer look.)

Just another of life's splendid mysteries!

package car 004.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well, bless his little heart! 35 years. Hope you gave Sammie a big hug and kiss from his namesake! :laughing:
I'd like to have gone the 35 years, but apparently that was not to be....Made it to 30 tho! And even if there was no plaque or parade
in my honor, I did walk out with something rather unique.... (Couldn't
take a decent pix of it thru the plastic cover and still not sure what
the heck it is as I never broke the seal to take a closer look.)

Just another of life's splendid mysteries!
A crystal ball? I did give Sammie a firm handshake and a hug, but you'll have to do the puckering up, as these lips are reserved for the wife.:wink2: