Understand the company no longer will have to honor the contract

Doing time

For those that intend on working while others are striking please be well aware that the wage you make now the company could tell you what they want to pay you. Remember, if we don’t have a contract, there is nothing that holds their feet to the fire that also goes for your seniority means nothing the driver that is 22 years old and you’re 50 better keep up or you won’t have a job. These are just some of the things we have taken for granted if we worked for UPS for an extended time, we tend to forget how good we have it not only our pay, our benefits, and our retirement. Very scary, regardless of whether or not you hate this company and want to sink it without it very well compared to other people doing the same job so I hope this does not get that far but if it does, this company will be forever changed and it won’t be for the better. Keep that in mind.
Just stop. All you are doing is proving that you are the softest person on Brown Cafe.

shalang

Cross that line, union card is taken.....good luck
Didn't happen to any guys at our building in 97...its a scare tactic the union doesn't strictly enforce unfortunately. Got those guys still here.

I even asked our local and they left it up in the air depending on SOB decision.

HarryWarden

Didn't happen to any guys at our building in 97...its a scare tactic the union doesn't strictly enforce unfortunately. Got those guys still here.

I even asked our local and they left it up in the air depending on SOB decision.
If you scab you should be fired and not allowed to join any other unions in the future

shalang

If you scab you should be fired and not allowed to join any other unions in the future
Completely agree but the guys are still here.

If you've seen Roswell Hub, they spoke about scabs and how they just ignore them and don't talk to them anymore at work. Shows even over there they never pulled their card.

Nothing like unity and solidarity than scabs that will benefit from our sacrifice.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Does any of that apply to IAM employees such as myself? It's a loss for me any way you slice it.
@1BROWNWRENCH : the IAM mechanics in my area have been told by their business agent/representative that they will be covered for honoring the strike picket line. Sorry I don't have any details such as compensation or requirements to show up/check in, ...

Also, here they are covered by TeamCare, so their Health/Welfare coverage will continue.

Definitely call/text/email your business agent, shop steward, or Local Union office for guidance and/or specific questions.

Johney

@1BROWNWRENCH : the IAM mechanics in my area have been told by their business agent/representative that they will be covered for honoring the strike picket line. Sorry I don't have any details such as compensation or requirements to show up/check in, ...

Also, here they are covered by TeamCare, so their Health/Welfare coverage will continue.

Definitely call/text/email your business agent, shop steward, or Local Union office for guidance and/or specific questions.
What I find funny as hell is that under Teamcare we had to have at least one punch per week for coverage yet during a strike your covered? I’m glad but huh?

Commercial Inside Release

What I find funny as hell is that under Teamcare we had to have at least one punch per week for coverage yet during a strike your covered? I’m glad but huh?
You are right to find it funny. I would try to avoid any medical claims, unless you have the time to deal with some kind of hassle. If the benefits rely on management doing anything to help Teamsters during the strike -- probably get mixed results.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
You are right to find it funny. I would try to avoid any medical claims, unless you have the time to deal with some kind of hassle. If the benefits rely on management doing anything to help Teamsters during the strike -- probably get mixed results.

Make sure you have a brother on the picket line record on his I phone any altercation you might have with the Company sponsored (Pinkertons), then go out and hire Benjamin Crump.

Who needs an early retirement, you’ll be set for life.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Would you guys be eligible for any strike pay ?

Same with the Pilots Union ?…