Sarah palin

tieguy

Banned
Tie, those are opinionated commentary shows just as fox has
You're right they are opinionated news shows on MSNBC. I rarely watch fox but have never seen any shows that were as Biased as MSNBC. When I did watch Fox i saw a channel that was pretty much mainstream without a lot of pizazz. MSNBC used to be a lot more balanced which is why I watched it. However you can definitely see a shift in the last year towards Biased left. Some of the hosts that I knew were liberal used to make more of an effort to balance then they do now. Its a shame.

tieguy

Banned
TIEGUY, Come on now, You haven't listend to FOX news lately, You know Shawn Hanity? MSNBC bashes McCain, Fox News n
bashes Obama. Oh and remember Michelle Obama getting bashed by Hannity and Obama being labeled a Muslum. Both sides are IDIOTS TIEGUY. That's why I am now an independent, I had enough of both.

Prove me wrong what smut have they tried to pin on Biden comparable to the dirt they have tried to pin on Palin?

Show me the concerted effort to dig up every parking violation and unmarried sex act in Bidens background.

Chnandler Bong

Prove me wrong what smut have they tried to pin on Biden comparable to the dirt they have tried to pin on Palin?

Show me the concerted effort to dig up every parking violation and unmarried sex act in Bidens background.

Biden has run for for the Democratic Presidential nomination at least twice, I believe. And he has been on the national stage for decades. His record, and his problems with foot-in-mouth disease are well documented. If elected VP, we know what to expect.

Palin, on the other hand, has come from out of nowhere. Without this vetting process, we have no idea what to expect from her. Keep in mind she would be next in line for a President that has had serious health concerns. I'm not trying to put a negative light on McCain, just stating the facts.

Obama went through this same vetting process by the media when he announced he was running. I think that learning the truth about someone's background is essential in knowing who to vote into such an important position.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Biden was on the base closure committee and earned the wrath of most of the population of Upstate NY when he was able to save McGuire AFB (New Jersey) at the expense of Plattsburgh (NY) AFB. The area has recovered since then (1995) and may indeed be better off without the base but the way that the whole thing was handled smelled of politics.

mikestrek

Biden has run for for the Democratic Presidential nomination at least twice, I believe. And he has been on the national stage for decades. His record, and his problems with foot-in-mouth disease are well documented. If elected VP, we know what to expect.

Palin, on the other hand, has come from out of nowhere. Without this vetting process, we have no idea what to expect from her. Keep in mind she would be next in line for a President that has had serious health concerns. I'm not trying to put a negative light on McCain, just stating the facts.

Obama went through this same vetting process by the media when he announced he was running. I think that learning the truth about someone's background is essential in knowing who to vote into such an important position.
All I'm saying is the smear works on both sides of the isle. We all know that's politics today. Republicans bash Dems and Dems bash Republicans. There both like kids. and you can't tell methat doesn't happen on both sides. We see it everyday now.

tieguy

Banned
TIEGUY, Come on now, You haven't listend to FOX news lately, You know Shawn Hanity? MSNBC bashes McCain, Fox News n
bashes Obama. Oh and remember Michelle Obama getting bashed by Hannity and Obama being labeled a Muslum. Both sides are IDIOTS TIEGUY. That's why I am now an independent, I had enough of both.

Surely with all the the you tube clips out there you can show me some that show Fox news providing biased coverage of the news?

diesel96

I'm going to have to give the republicans the edge on the politics of smear. Nobody did it better than Carl Rove machine. Unfortunately, this style of smut was very effective at targeting the politically uneducated voter base. Now as the democratic machine is starting to fight back with some of the same gusto, pundits are crying foul.....but it does get tiresome when personal attacks overshadow issues. It does say alot when a large voter base can be influenced like sheep by a choreographed soundbyte or a misleading ad.

mikestrek

Surely with all the the you tube clips out there you can show me some that show Fox news providing biased coverage of the news?
Tieguy, Perhaps you misunderstand me? I'm saying both Republicans and Democrats are bad news when it comes to smear.

No Dem Or Repub can look me in the eye and say they haven't bashed Obama, Palin, Biden, McCain for political points.

Now both sides are blaming each other for the failed financial dealings in the country. Dem's blame Bush, Repub's blame Dem Congress.

In all honesty both sides are to blame. It's insane for eather side to say. "It's not my fault?

Now you know why I'm now an independent. They both suck.

mikestrek

I'm going to have to give the republicans the edge on the politics of smear. Nobody did it better than Carl Rove machine. Unfortunately, this style of smut was very effective at targeting the politically uneducated voter base. Now as the democratic machine is starting to fight back with some of the same gusto, pundits are crying foul.....but it does get tiresome when personal attacks overshadow issues. It does say alot when a large voter base can be influenced like sheep by a choreographed soundbyte or a misleading ad.
diesel96, I would have to agree. It's out of hand. I wish we had a third option.

tieguy

Banned

One problem with your argument. the politically uneducated voter is the one the democrats round up and bus into the voting stations at election times. The democrats own the politically uninformed voter.

tieguy

Banned
Tieguy, Perhaps you misunderstand me? I'm saying both Republicans and Democrats are bad news when it comes to smear.

No Dem Or Repub can look me in the eye and say they haven't bashed Obama, Palin, Biden, McCain for political points.

Now both sides are blaming each other for the failed financial dealings in the country. Dem's blame Bush, Repub's blame Dem Congress.

In all honesty both sides are to blame. It's insane for eather side to say. "It's not my fault?

Now you know why I'm now an independent. They both suck.

Clinton loosened up the rules to allow everyone the opportunity to buy a house, even if they could not afford it. Not sure what they are blaming bush for but I don't object to both sides firing their shots if it helps us fix the problem for the future.

diesel96

One problem with your argument. the politically uneducated voter is the one the democrats round up and bus into the voting stations at election times. The democrats own the politically uninformed voter.

Are you denying these people to vote?
Maybe thats your version, but I'm talking about those rural red state midwest towns where there incomes and benefits are low, jobs and factories left town, told their taxes will be raised at their modest income if a Dem' is elected, and told the boogy man is going to come into their home like the tooth fairy and take their gun away, told if there house is foreclosed they can't vote, told if they share the same name as a felon they can't vote, now why on earth would they vote republican? I'm thinking the rep's do a better job in wraping themselves up with an american flag an claim they're more patriotic.
Not to mention the lack of an appropriate number of voting machines in many highly populated urban districts leaving them out in the cold waiting hours to vote, denial of absentee ballots and faulty Diebold computers with CEO's that were active in the re-election of Pres Bush.
Just to a few problems with your argument:wink2:
When are we going to start bashing Sarah again?....JK

tieguy

Banned
Are you denying these people to vote?

no I'm saying they live in a vacuum until the dems round em up and tell them who to vote for. Happens in every city every time.

Maybe thats your version, but I'm talking about those rural red state midwest towns where there incomes and benefits are low, jobs and factories left town, told their taxes will be raised at their modest income if a Dem' is elected, and told the boogy man is going to come into their home like the tooth fairy and take their gun away, told if there house is foreclosed they can't vote, told if they share the same name as a felon they can't vote, now why on earth would they vote republican?

you mean to tell me the dems wouldn't take their gun away if given the chance? I don't know if you know it or not but the democrat is the boogy man. The midwestern voter is much more informed then you give them credit for.

G

Give-Me-A-Break!

Oh no you didnt Mrs Bush! DOH!

Wed Sep 24, 2:16 PM ET

WASHINGTON - First lady Laura Bush says Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin lacks sufficient foreign policy experience but is a very quick study.

In an interview Wednesday with CNN, the first lady remarked that it's fortunate that Republican presidential nominee John McCain has foreign policy experience himself.

Still, Mrs. Bush says she has a lot of confidence in Palin. She says the Alaska governor has a lot of good common sense, and the first lady adds that she is thrilled to have a chance to vote for Palin on the GOP ticket.

Mrs. Bush also said that she thinks Palin is being treated unfairly because she is a woman. That, the first lady says, is to be expected.

mikestrek

crap there is that odor again.:peaceful:
TIEGUY, LOOKS LIKE obama WON the debates. Also, check out all the polls giving obama big state by state leads. Time to wrwp this thing up. Oh and did you see Palin on Saturday night live? or with Katie Kuric? Stick a fork in McCain, He's done.

paidslave

Clinton loosened up the rules to allow everyone the opportunity to buy a house, even if they could not afford it. Not sure what they are blaming bush for but I don't object to both sides firing their shots if it helps us fix the problem for the future.

Exactly how did Clinton loosen the rules? I thought on other threads you claimed the president has nothing to do with mortgages and interest rates?

Not to spin this thread but here is an easy link to see what president will benefit you most regarding tax rates cuts.. Rescind Bush Tax cuts......Obama will do that with a Democratic Congress!

https://web.archive.org/web/20080831000740/http://alchemytoday.com/obamataxcut/

click on it and plug your numbers and your savings will appear for Obama or McCain.....

av8torntn

Not to spin this thread but here is an easy link to see what president will benefit you most regarding tax rates cuts.. Rescind Bush Tax cuts.

Well you are trying to spin this thread. It is obvious the Bush tax cuts affected most who paid taxes in a very positive way with lower taxes.

http://www.slate.com/id/2108201

"The Bush tax cuts (which Congress just voted to extend) are an affront to the most fundamental principles of fairness. They are skewed in favor of those who already pay less than their rightful share of taxes and shift the burden even farther onto the shoulders of the most overtaxed. In other words, the Bush tax cuts are unfair to the rich."

mikestrek

Well you are trying to spin this thread. It is obvious the Bush tax cuts affected most who paid taxes in a very positive way with lower taxes.

http://www.slate.com/id/2108201

"The Bush tax cuts (which Congress just voted to extend) are an affront to the most fundamental principles of fairness. They are skewed in favor of those who already pay less than their rightful share of taxes and shift the burden even farther onto the shoulders of the most overtaxed. In other words, the Bush tax cuts are unfair to the rich."
All I can say is your boy BUSH has been in charge the last 8 years and the country has gone to he#@ and it sounds like you want us all to reward John McCain with another 4 years of tax cuts for the rich and pray for a trickle down. That boat don't float nomore. Now you see why we want change and OBAMA 08?

av8torntn

All I can say is your boy BUSH has been in charge the last 8 years and the country has gone to he#@ and it sounds like you want us all to reward John McCain with another 4 years of tax cuts for the rich and pray for a trickle down. That boat don't float nomore. Now you see why we want change and OBAMA 08?

First of all sweetheart I do not have a boy. Second of all what? I find it difficult to understand how you people think I will be better off with a tax increase. Your boat don't float with me. You want to punish success with higher taxes and reward failure with lower taxes. That to me is just pitiful. BTW if you have been following any of my posts you have read that I am not casting a vote for McCain or B. Hussein. You go ahead and follow the sheep off the cliff that is your right.