Saturday is getting out of hand

watdaflock?

Now that you're stuck delivering on Saturdays, any regret to your career choice? Any second thoughts or just wishing for something more professional?

You could always try your hand in management. Most likely some hub nearby is in need of PT Sups.

W

What The Hawk?

That's what we do best. Haven't you ever been to a union meeting?
No. Probably never will, I bitched to the union on May 3rd, and got into a car accident a few hours later. Never again. LOL

W

What The Hawk?

My center has Saturday ground, and as the Supervisor puts it, it's easier than Mondays. Guess I'll have to see for myself when I go back, I will be working Tuesdays to Saturdays.

InsaneSh0t

Our center isn't suppoi sed to get Saturday ground for at least another 2 years. Thankfully we have two large hubs nearby that siphon most of the bulk.
I doubt it from what i was told every single US terminal will be doing Saturdays in 2018

We started the Saturday ground and what a nightmare some of us aren't getting back till 10 pm not enough routes. i talked with someone at another terminal he said they are doing almost 200 miles with 157 stops. they had him in a 6 cube and the boxes aren't getting smaller. He had no room for his hand cart or lunch box. and i might add that's just straight deliverers they took off pick ups like the ups store or target.

Ghost in the Darkness

I doubt it from what i was told every single US terminal will be doing Saturdays in 2018

I'll believe it when I see it. Center manager earlier this year confirmed what a lot of us knew, that it would easily be a monetary loss for the center if we went to Saturday too. As is we only service less than half our total area with Saturday air. We asked about routes that would be T-S before we bid in January, no routes scheduled for T-S. It could happen in 2018 sure, I still have my doubts about it here.

SafetyFirst

We haven't started Saturday yet only know what I've read on here about it.

I'm most interest in Saturday vs. Monday though.

I think I would rather deliver a heavy residential stop count than have to do my pickups along with the pickups on the route next to me, that would be impossible really and I already know who gets blamed when the impossible can't be made to happen