Saturday is getting out of hand

Dhydratd

IMG_3302.jpg

babboo25

Banned
They were going to until top seniority driver threatened to bump #2 seniority driver if they switched his route. So now they just force from the bottom, usually 100+ missed on Mondays since they cut too many routes. Feel sorry for our management team, couple of them are actively looking for new jobs.
Anyone know if routes are being re-bid because of Saturday Ground?

InsaneSh0t

I'll believe it when I see it. Center manager earlier this year confirmed what a lot of us knew, that it would easily be a monetary loss for the center if we went to Saturday too. As is we only service less than half our total area with Saturday air. We asked about routes that would be T-S before we bid in January, no routes scheduled for T-S. It could happen in 2018 sure, I still have my doubts about it here.
CEO said this also regional manager told us this as well the industry is evolving so we have to adapt so we don't get left behind from our competitors. Post office is doing Sunday's I see in the near future us running a wed to Sunday operation. Open you're eyes brotha.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
CEO said this also regional manager told us this as well the industry is evolving so we have to adapt so we don't get left behind from our competitors. Post office is doing Sunday's I see in the near future us running a wed to Sunday operation. Open you're eyes brotha.
And at the first sign of a rescission, watch it all fall apart.

babboo25

Banned
Post office is using part time casuals for Sun delivery and they are still losing billions brotha.

Chilly Willie

This will def be addressed in the next contract so make that easy cash now before its changed. Come in the extra day at time and a half the entire day.
Time and a half is not enough for a sixth day, it should be double time. this is the Union selling us out, messing with our health, and making it so that we don't live to see retirement. Its actually a way to save the pension plan.

Chilly Willie

Its time to report an Injury,
It's a job, quit bitching.
No its Slavery. Most of us Signed up for a Monday- Friday Package delivery schedule. the hard workers do get injured, and the more hours we have to work the more likely accidents will increase, Repetitive injuries occur and the Insurance company denies medical claims related to this job. ITS NOT A JOB, not any more, its slavery.

that said, if I am gonna be a slave, get the whip out cause I am gonna start driving five miles to every toilet every 30 minutes.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

No its Slavery. Most of us Signed up for a Monday- Friday Package delivery schedule. the hard workers do get injured, and the more hours we have to work the more likely accidents will increase, Repetitive injuries occur and the Insurance company denies medical claims related to this job. ITS NOT A JOB, not any more, its slavery.

that said, if I am gonna be a slave, get the whip out cause I am gonna start driving five miles to every toilet every 30 minutes.

I think you should quit. If you think delivering packages is even remotely associated to one of the worst conditions a human being can be subjected to, then you should just quit.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Ain't nobody forcing you to work here. If it bothers you that much quit. Don't do a job you hate

Indecisi0n

Time and a half is not enough for a sixth day, it should be double time. this is the Union selling us out, messing with our health, and making it so that we don't live to see retirement. Its actually a way to save the pension plan.
The union isn't selling anyone out. Here in my local you cannot be force to work a 6th punch so its not an issue here.