Saturday work with 70 hour rule

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That wasn't me.

It sure looks like you...

Bubble.png

Bob11B

Is the 70 hour rule only in select locals or nation wide? They capped us at 60 hours, asked for volunteers and supervisors/center managers/even the district manager ran routes today. I’m asking bc some guys wanted to work over 60 for double time and I think they should be allowed to before non teamsters are doing the work. Of course, if this is not nation wide than my argument is invalid.

542thruNthru

Is the 70 hour rule only in select locals or nation wide? They capped us at 60 hours, asked for volunteers and supervisors/center managers/even the district manager ran routes today. I’m asking bc some guys wanted to work over 60 for double time and I think they should be allowed to before non teamsters are doing the work. Of course, if this is not nation wide than my argument is invalid.

Sounds like a easy grievance to me and one that should be filed. The IBT package division authorized UPS to go over 60 hours. If they denied drivers but allowed sups to drive instead. That's a supervisor working grievance for sure.

File and ask for double time.

SameRightsForAll

This week has been a :censored2: show for everyone I assume. I know I have had enough and there is no way I would work Saturday, but there are higher senior drivers who want the double time who volunteered and are being told they cannot work. Some have 64+ hours already and are being told they don't have enough hours to work so the company is using lower senior drivers instead.

The company is obviously doing this to avoid paying top rate double time instead of paying someone who is in progression double time. As far as I know the contract says extra work has to be offered from the top down so these higher senior drivers should be working! The only thing I can think the company can use is Article 26 where it says under the 70 hour rule the driver needs a full 8 hours. But that language is meant for if they FORCE drivers in, that in order to force them in they have to have a full 8 hours?

Thoughts? I told each and every one of them to file so they can hopefully get paid DOUBLE TIME to stay at home tomorrow.

Why would anybody in their sane mind want to work 70 UPS hours. That's like 140 hours for the regular citizen, and you know it. Does one not have a life? How can you tend to your family if you're basically living at UPS and working yourself to death? Do you think money is worth trading your life for? Then you're a fool... a company man. Can't do anything else in life due to a lack of real world skills so you'll just bend over for the company in the name of greed to keep your fellow coworkers from getting a fair piece of the action. 70 hours. Are you kidding me! That's 30 hours a struggling worker might need for his own family but you want it all for yourself. There, I said it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah, you said it. Not very well, but you did say it.

70 UPS hours = 140 regular person hours? Are you frickin' kiddin' me??

Yes, you guys work hard-----no one is disputing that----but don't think for one second that you are irreplaceable. You are nothing more than a 7 digit employee ID number.

The one good point in your "well written" rant was the fact that money is not everything.

My son just turned 33 and his son will be one on Saturday. He has his MBA and a managerial position with a major pharmaceutical company. I got a digital copy of Harry Chapin's "Cats in the Cradle" for his birthday as he sometimes tends to forget what is really important in his life.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Yes, you guys work hard-----no one is disputing that----but don't think for one second that you are irreplaceable. You are nothing more than a 7 digit employee ID number.

The one good point in your "well written" rant was the fact that money is not everything.

My son just turned 33 and his son will be one on Saturday. He has his MBA and a managerial position with a major pharmaceutical company. I got a digital copy of Harry Chapin's "Cats in the Cradle" for his birthday as he sometimes tends to forget what is really important in his life.
Who are you talking to?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Who are you talking to?
Why would anybody in their sane mind want to work 70 UPS hours. That's like 140 hours for the regular citizen, and you know it. Does one not have a life? How can you tend to your family if you're basically living at UPS and working yourself to death? Do you think money is worth trading your life for? Then you're a fool... a company man. Can't do anything else in life due to a lack of real world skills so you'll just bend over for the company in the name of greed to keep your fellow coworkers from getting a fair piece of the action. 70 hours. Are you kidding me! That's 30 hours a struggling worker might need for his own family but you want it all for yourself. There, I said it.

This guy. Didn't feel the need to quote his post.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Not everyone is cut out to be a hero

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If the company is implementing the 70 hour rule there is no way that they are honoring 8 hour requests at the same time.
Oh really? I had one last week.

They have no choice if they honor it or not here. If you have the seniority for an 8 hour you get it and you bring back work to the building if need be to get it.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Can you tell us the story about how your daughter followed the plan but your son didn't? I enjoy hearing that.