Saturday work with 70 hour rule

Bob11B

Why would anybody in their sane mind want to work 70 UPS hours. That's like 140 hours for the regular citizen, and you know it. Does one not have a life? How can you tend to your family if you're basically living at UPS and working yourself to death? Do you think money is worth trading your life for? Then you're a fool... a company man. Can't do anything else in life due to a lack of real world skills so you'll just bend over for the company in the name of greed to keep your fellow coworkers from getting a fair piece of the action. 70 hours. Are you kidding me! That's 30 hours a struggling worker might need for his own family but you want it all for yourself. There, I said it.
Ehhh to each their own...maybe a new driver wants to pay off debt he earned from being on preload for awhile...maybe a driver wants to save a sexy down payment for a car...who knows but I wouldn’t knock someone for what ever reason they have for choosing to put in more hours. As long as it is a union brother earning it instead of a supervisor working to save the company money.

Yeah, you said it. Not very well, but you did say it.

70 UPS hours = 140 regular person hours? Are you frickin' kiddin' me??

Yes, you guys work hard-----no one is disputing that----but don't think for one second that you are irreplaceable. You are nothing more than a 7 digit employee ID number.

The one good point in your "well written" rant was the fact that money is not everything.

My son just turned 33 and his son will be one on Saturday. He has his MBA and a managerial position with a major pharmaceutical company. I got a digital copy of Harry Chapin's "Cats in the Cradle" for his birthday as he sometimes tends to forget what is really important in his life.

:censored2:......he reproduced...

Optimus Prime

Why would anybody in their sane mind want to work 70 UPS hours. That's like 140 hours for the regular citizen, and you know it. Does one not have a life? How can you tend to your family if you're basically living at UPS and working yourself to death? Do you think money is worth trading your life for? Then you're a fool... a company man. Can't do anything else in life due to a lack of real world skills so you'll just bend over for the company in the name of greed to keep your fellow coworkers from getting a fair piece of the action. 70 hours. Are you kidding me! That's 30 hours a struggling worker might need for his own family but you want it all for yourself. There, I said it.
The only fool is yourself. Not everyone at UPS is in the same boat. People have various reasons for working the hours that they do and shouldn't feel guilty about it because someone on BC thinks they should

babboo25

Banned
The only fool is yourself. Not everyone at UPS is in the same boat. People have various reasons for working the hours that they do and shouldn't feel guilty about it because someone on BC thinks they should
Amen to that, mainly crybabies on here, same 20-30 people texting each other thru a forum about work 24/7, no wonder they are so bitter.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Amen to that, mainly crybabies on here, same 20-30 people texting each other thru a forum about work 24/7, no wonder they are so bitter.
8839C9BF-50F0-463D-AFF4-EA543774C183.gif

chicken alfredo

Preach it ! Seriously folks ...we deliver packages, pick up packages, and get a paycheck and benefits . Yeah UPS uses and abuses us but we get well compensated for it. So quit your crying !

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Yeah, you said it. Not very well, but you did say it.

70 UPS hours = 140 regular person hours? Are you frickin' kiddin' me??

Yes, you guys work hard-----no one is disputing that----but don't think for one second that you are irreplaceable. You are nothing more than a 7 digit employee ID number.

The one good point in your "well written" rant was the fact that money is not everything.

My son just turned 33 and his son will be one on Saturday. He has his MBA and a managerial position with a major pharmaceutical company. I got a digital copy of Harry Chapin's "Cats in the Cradle" for his birthday as he sometimes tends to forget what is really important in his life.
Lonely?

UPSER1987

Don’t forget the retired who give input all day everyday but don’t really know a damn thing because they don’t work here.Sad.

Over70irregs

Don't forget the supervisor that masquerades as a driver but he's wrong so much that it's obvious he doesn't actually do the job.
That’s why they go into management. Shoot I think they don’t require them to drive any more. Afraid they’ll say “naw I’ll stay hourly”. ......