Saying goodbye

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1421027248.309243.jpg

Z

ZQXC

Well I had finally convinced the wife it was time to put her down and we were going to take her in last Tuesday to end her suffering. Woke up Tuesday morning and she had passed during the night. I guess she gave my wife one last gift by not making her put her down.

Glad for your wife that the situation played out that way.
Sometimes events occur in a way that is very hard to explain, or even understand. This may be one of those times.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Putting a pet down is like taking a hammer to the nuts. Gotta do it when its time, though. Sorry for your loss.

Its weird; I have no problem hunting, and shooting a wild animal that I intend to eat. But there is no way in hell I could ever succeed as a farmer, because once I had fed a domestic animal such as a cow or a goat and developed any sort of bond with it I simply could not bring myself to butcher it for meat.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Do yourself and your pet a favor and if its time then let him/her go. Keeping a pet around who is suffering is sort of selfish and wrong. Many people do so because they just can't let go but I'd rather let my pet go a little early then have it stay and suffer.
Best thing to do after you lose a pet is get another 1 immediately and give it the same love you gave your previous pet.

Some people want a new pet asap. Others want time to grieve.
I wanted a a new love of my life after about three months. It took about a year to find the right one. I disn't want one that looked exactly like Eve. So I got one that has her ancestry. Not a relative just one that has some of her characteristics. I found another great smart stupid sometimes new music woman who keeps an eye on me. She Eve 2.0.

oldngray

nowhere special
I wanted a a new love of my life after about three months. It took about a year to find the right one. I disn't want one that looked exactly like Eve. So I got one that has her ancestry. Not a relative just one that has some of her characteristics. I found another great smart stupid sometimes new music woman who keeps an eye on me. She Eve 2.0.

I lost a dog I had raised from a 6 week old puppy and wasn't sure if I wanted another but 2 months later was delivering to the animal shelter and saw one and went back after work and picked her up.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
The thing that helped the most after the loss of a pet was when I adopted all the ones from then on. When you can go in and change the fate of an animal for the better it's so uplifting.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'm generally the type to not even want a pet, and probably wouldn't even have one otherwise, but over five years ago this little guy picked ME. The place I worked at the time had a shop cat that lived there and she got pregnant from one of the farm cats nearby and he was one of the babies. He'd follow me all over the place and climb my leg to sit in my lap. I couldn't bring myself to say no to him. He still waits at the the door for me to get home and follows me to bed like a big baby. We've known each other since the day he was born. I don't even like to think about the time when it does come, so I can't even imagine how your loss must be.
baby (640x426).jpg

DSCN2187 (640x480).jpg

The thing that helped the most after the loss of a pet was when I adopted all the ones from then on. When you can go in and change the fate of an animal for the better it's so uplifting.
I have 5 rescues right now. You are an angle for doing what you do. God bless ya.