Scary bugs on route

542thruNthru

Feeder driver's will relate to this.

For those that drive at night its not uncommon to have a snack as you drive like a piece of fruit or something.

So I am going down the highway, it is about 2 am and I am pulling a set of trailer's . I reach over after being on the road for a while and about less than an hour from my destination and grab the orange I had brought to work.

Note: Before I leave for work a take one of those tupperware tools that you make lines around the orange so that it makes it super easy to peel.

So I peel off the skin and then take a bite out of the super juicy, fairly firm, but odd tasting orange. Now that I am chewing it I am starting a small incline and need to grab a lower gear and all I can think of is this orange tastes Super Funky!!! So I pass the orange back to my right hand after the down shift. But things are really ramping up! I am tingling around my mouth and the skin on my face is feeling so crazy and I am having to snort out of my nose from the tingling effect happening there too! I am also realizing the tingling effect is becoming everywhere, down my chest, my arms and hands. Mind you this is in just seconds this all is playing out! By switching the orange to my right hand I then use my left hand to hit the cab light over the door jam.

The light comes on! I look at the orange in my right hand and thousands of opaque little spiders are still scrambling out of the orange. Damage DONE! There are thousands of these little spiders all over my face, arms,, nose and even making there way down the back of my neck and falling down on the hairs of my chest. Scrambling down my UPS shorts at a fast pace to the floor! I am just covered in these spiders everywhere!

I no longer eat fruit that I can not see in the light and completely inspect!!!!

The other driver I shared the tractor with, cried for weeks about spiders in the tractor as he was already whacky nut job about spiders!
Thank you for posting this.

My wife hates spiders. Just read her this.

So worth it lol.

Shiftless

Thank you for posting this.

My wife hates spiders. Just read her this.

So worth it lol.

As you can imagine it was a life altering event. Even in the light, I inspect ALL fruit now before I eat it! My wife will squirm and walk away if I start telling this story. Even tho I shook my shirt off, when it came time to wash the work shirt there was a bunch of them still in the shirt pocket that hadn't shook out

chicken alfredo

As you can imagine it was a life altering event. Even in the light, I inspect ALL fruit now before I eat it! My wife will squirm and walk away if I start telling this story. Even tho I shook my shirt off, when it came time to wash the work shirt there was a bunch of them still in the shirt pocket that hadn't shook out
I’m sure some made their way down your plumber’s crack (or should I say feeder crack) and made a nest right up yer arse!

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
20200814_175710.jpg

These Spotted Lantern Flies are everywhere. How many have you squashed today?