Scheduled days off have to be approved by the manager?

Azodiac92

I was told that all I had to do was notify a supervisor if I was scheduling off and to text them. I had been doing that until this particular manager suddenly says I cannot schedule off tomorrow even when I notified them early and said I wasn't going to be in because of an mlk event I was going to. This supervisor is saying if I don't go in then I will get a write-up.

542thruNthru

I was told that all I had to do was notify a supervisor if I was scheduling off and to text them. I had been doing that until this particular manager suddenly says I cannot schedule off tomorrow even when I notified them early and said I wasn't going to be in because of an mlk event I was going to. This supervisor is saying if I don't go in then I will get a write-up.

What's your contract say hot shot?

Brisket

Never tell them why, none of their business anyways. As long as you don’t have an attendance problem you should be ok.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Never tell them why, none of their business anyways. As long as you don’t have an attendance problem you should be ok.
In this case I don't think it matters that they know. They won't discipline him because the backlash would be horrible! "Racist Ups managers discipline employee for attending MLK event" Catch my drift?

Shift 2

Take off. That’s what option dats are for. Call in 1 or 2 hrs before your scheduled start time. :censored2: em

RolloTony Brown Town

did you request the day off a week in advance?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
At least you don't have a manager who forgets things. Knew of a driver who sat down everyday for over a week with the manager to go over all the details of the coverage of his route. The driver had everything in order and thought everything was ok. Took his day off , when he returned to work the manager handed him a warning letter , the manager claimed he knew nothing of why this driver took a day off.

Azodiac92

In a previous thread I mentioned how I notified the manager that I was going to take the day off and he objected. I took the day off any way and the next day they issued a warning letter saying I was verbally warned before.

I didn't know anything about what option days were and whether or not I had ran out of them. I just knew that it was my right to schedule off in advance. The union steward told us we had to have a manager's approval as well.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
In a previous thread I mentioned how I notified the manager that I was going to take the day off and he objected. I took the day off any way and the next day they issued a warning letter saying I was verbally warned before.

I didn't know anything about what option days were and whether or not I had ran out of them. I just knew that it was my right to schedule off in advance. The union steward told us we had to have a manager's approval as well.
next time just call off

542thruNthru

Again...
What

Does

Your

Contract

Say!?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

That sounds like
38CD260D-EF68-4773-BF25-A13CDA040BD1.gif

How long have you worked here?

AwashBwashCwash

You can't just unilaterally decide that you have the day off.
If you want a scheduled day off you need to ask and get management approval OR you can use an option day if you have one. It's not "your right" to schedule off in advance, it's subject to management approval. You realize that they hired you to work, right?

You can check your option days on upsers.com btw.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You can't just unilaterally decide that you have the day off.
If you want a scheduled day off you need to ask and get management approval OR you can use an option day if you have one. It's not "your right" to schedule off in advance, it's subject to management approval. You realize that they hired you to work, right?

You can check your option days on upsers.com btw.
Here’s the correct answer! And again, if you HAVE to be off, then call the hell out.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

You haven’t worked here long enough to even think about getting a day off , YOU’RE IN !