Schumer Shutdown Showdown

vantexan

you know bird would make that clutch shot for you and james is 50/50, bird was cold
I remember a couple of years ago in the championship a pass was made to LeBron, intended to be an alleyoop. It was too high yet LeBron grabbed it way above the rim one handed and slammed it home as he was falling away. I don't care who's the greatest, just know when one of them is on the court we often see mind blowing things. Bird wasn't as gifted athletically, but he had amazing skills and had competitive fire like few have ever had. I remember when Kareem got hurt and Magic took over inside to win the championship. And every championship the Bulls won was due to MJ. He had a great supporting cast but they couldn't win without him. But hey, saw Allen Iverson fake Jordan's jock off of him too. Amazing players, but human too.

vantexan

Bird was overrated. No way he could compete on the same level in today's NBA.
But you'd of course would say Magic could compete, no problem. Did you ever see the footage of the McDonald's All American game where Magic and Bird played together? Magic had been following Bird's stats but said he didn't believe he was that good until he played with him. And they developed a strong mutual respect and friendship, which tells me all I need to know about Bird's ability.

newfie

Bird was overrated. No way he could compete on the same level in today's NBA.

yea those clutch catch and release shots with a half second left on the clock were so overated not to mention all those MVP awards and championships.
if the guy was brother you'd be singing his praises to the high heavens.