Schumer Shutdown Showdown

MAKAVELI

yea those clutch catch and release shots with a half second left on the clock were so overated not to mention all those MVP awards and championships.
if the guy was brother you'd be singing his praises to the high heavens.
He's top 50 Not Top 10 and I'm not the only one that has that opinion.

vantexan

He's top 50 Not Top 10 and I'm not the only one that has that opinion.
If you're going to go by championships and MVP's he's definitely top 10. A lot of great players came and went without winning either. The only reason Indiana St. made it to the final was Bird. They may not have even made it to the tournament without him.

MAKAVELI

If you're going to go by championships and MVP's he's definitely top 10. A lot of great players came and went without winning either. The only reason Indiana St. made it to the final was Bird. They may not have even made it to the tournament without him.
I didn't say college I said NBA. Bird was a great player I just don't think he cracks the top 10. In order to make it into the top 10 you have to dominate The League not just being a great player.

vantexan

I didn't say college I said NBA. Bird was a great player I just don't think he cracks the top 10. In order to make it into the top 10 you have to dominate The League not just being a great player.
I know you did, most of Bird's record is from the NBA. But he was also a McDonald's All American in high school and took a nothing team to the NCAA final. Few can tout that kind of history. With his MVP's and championships you don't think he was dominant?

MAKAVELI

I know you did, most of Bird's record is from the NBA. But he was also a McDonald's All American in high school and took a nothing team to the NCAA final. Few can tout that kind of history. With his MVP's and championships you don't think he was dominant?
Top 10 is on a different level.

MAKAVELI

Did someone claim he was a top ten? not being a top ten does not make a player over rated. is jerry west or Oscar Robertson over rated?
When people put him in the same conversation as Jordan Magic LeBron yeah they're talking about top 10.

vantexan

When they came up with the top 50 of all time it was those with the greatest impact on the game, not who could play the most like Jordan. Bird kept Detroit out of the finals that one year with possibly the greatest steal in history. That was what he brought to the game, the competitiveness, the never quit attitude.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
now as a mod I assume you enjoy the opportunity to help these folks relieve their posting frustrations ?
I'm not sure what that means.
If someone violates the TOS (except for Current Events and Union Issues) and it is reported, I moderate.
Occasionally, I will moderate (especially images) if I run across them.
Otherwise, I challenge their posts as just another poster.

vantexan

I'm not sure what that means.
If someone violates the TOS (except for Current Events and Union Issues) and it is reported, I moderate.
Occasionally, I will moderate (especially images) if I run across them.
Otherwise, I challenge their posts as just another poster.
Unless they touch the third rail of moderation...pot smoking! :hapydancsmil: